Mirchi Pakoda is an easy to prepare tasty pakora variety made with large green chilies.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 6 to 7 Medium to large green chillies or mirch
- Oil for frying
For mirchi pakoda batter
- 1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- ½ teaspoon Carom seeds (ajwain)
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 pinch Baking soda (optional)
- Salt as required
- Water as required, To make a thick batter
Take all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add water in parts so as to form a thick batter.
Slit the green chili from one side. Take care not to break the chilies. With a small spoon remove the seeds and the pith.
Dip the chili in the batter. Evenly coat the mirch (chillies) with batter and also apply some batter inside the green chili.
In a deep frying pan heat oil and deep fry the batter coated green chilies in oil till they turn golden brown and crisp.
Serve Mirchi Pakoda with pav, bread or serve as a side dish.