gajar matar recipe
gajar matar sabzi recipe - delicious dry sauted carrots and fresh green peas.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 4 to 5 medium size carrots (gajar)
- 1 cup green peas (matar) - fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon cumin (jeera)
- 1 inch ginger (adrak) - finely chopped or grated
- 1 or 2 green chilies (hari mirch)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder) - OPTIONAL
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder or punjabi garam masala
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup water
- a few chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta) for garnishing, - OPTIONAL
- rock salt or regular salt as required
peel, rinse and chop the carrots (gajar).
heat oil in a pan or kadai. add the cumin and saute them.
add the ginger and green chilies. if you want then you can also add red chilli powder at this step.
saute for a minute or till the raw smell of the ginger disappears.
add the carrots and green peas (matar) along with the salt. saute for 3-4 minutes.
add 1/2 cup water and stir. cover and let the veggies cook. keep on checking and stirring in between
if the veggies start to get browned, add some more water.
cook the veggies for 15-20 minutes till they are done. sprinkle garam masala and stir well.
garnish gajar matar sabzi with coriander leaves.
serve gajar matar sabzi hot with some phulkas or parathas or as a side dish with dal-rice combo or kadhi-rice or curd rice.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 14056IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg