Watermelon agua fresca is a refreshing and cooling Mexican drink for summers. Low-fat and Vegan.
Its so refreshing and cooling that you can include this drink in your summer diet. the temperatures are soaring here. March had been pretty hot, wonder what April & May has in store.
This drink has a different consistency & taste than our regular Indian watermelon juice. In this Mexican drink, the watermelon juice is strained & extracted from the pulp. Unlike the watermelon juice we make here where the juice has the pulp too.
To make this Mexican drink a little spiced, I added some ginger to it. This is totally optional and you can make the drink without ginger also.
Hints of lemon and ginger in it make this a refreshing drink for the summers.
I used ½ of a large watermelon and it yielded me approx 5 glasses of juice. The aqua fresca is easy to prepare. you can serve it chilled with ice cubes. Or you can chill in the fridge and then serve this drink.
If you are looking for Beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 4 to 5 cups chopped deseeded watermelon
- 1 to 2 cups water or as required
- ½ inch chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or as required
- ice cubes (optional)
- mint leaves for garnishing - optional
- sugar as required - optional
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender, except the ice cubes & mint leaves.
- Keep a large bowl or pan below a fine strainer.
- Pour the juice on the strainer.
- Press the pulp on the strainer with the back of a spoon so that the extra juice also filters through.
- Discard the pulp.
- Pour it in glasses and serve with ice cubes.
- You can also chill the drink in the fridge.
- Garnish agua fresca with some mint leaves or serve plain.
- The amount of water can be adjusted. Since watermelon already has a high water content, you can even adjust the amount of water to be added.
- Adding sugar is optional. Add as per your requirements.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later