vegetable soup recipe with step by step photos – light, tasty and nutritious clear soup made with mixed vegetables.
again an easy veg soup recipe that good for the winters. this mix vegetable soup recipe is the way
this vegetable soup is also a good way to use leftover veggies from the kitchen. just add whatever veggies you have and you get a hearty bowl of veg soup. the flavor and taste of the mix veg soup will depend on the vegetables you add. so you can also add veggies of your choice.
two more vegetable soup recipes you can make are:
serve the vegetable soup steaming hot plain or accompanied with noodles. sometimes i even steam some rice to go along with this veg soup.
vegetable soup recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR vegetable soup recipe (1 CUP = 250 ML)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (patta gobi)
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots (gajar)
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped capsicum (bell pepper or shimla mirch) – red or green or yellow
- 1/3 cup moong sprouts
- ¼ cup finely chopped french beans
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion Or 1 small onion, finely chopped, (spring onions can also be added in place of onions)
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped celery (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (lahsun)
- 3 cups water or 750 ml water
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce or as required
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt as required
HOW TO MAKE vegetable soup recipe
preparation for veg soup
- rinse and shred the cabbage.
- rinse, wipe and then slice the mushrooms. chop the bell pepper.
- rinse and finely chop the french beans. also finely chop the onions & garlic
making vegetable soup
- heat oil in a pan. add onions and garlic. saute till the onions are translucent.
- then add the chopped mix veggies. stir well.
- saute on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- add the moong sprouts and stir well. saute for 2 minutes.
- add water and stir.
- then add soy sauce, black pepper and salt. stir again
- cover the pan and simmer the veg soup for 10 to 11 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- then check the seasonings and add more salt or black pepper if required.
- serve the vegetable soup plain or accompanied with some boiled noodles or steamed rice.
how to make vegetable soup
1. first chop all the veggies – i added carrots, french beans, red cabbage, button mushrooms and red bell pepper. about 1.5 to 2 cups chopped mix vegetables.
2. heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. add ¼ cup chopped onions and 1 tsp chopped garlic.
3. saute till the onions are translucent.
4. then add the chopped mix veggies.
5. stir well.
6. saute on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
7. add ⅓ cup moong sprouts and stir well. saute for 2 minutes.
8. add 3 cups water.
9. add 2 tsp soy sauce. you can add more if you prefer.
10. then add salt as required.
11. add ½ tsp black pepper or as per taste.
12. stir well. cover the pan and simmer the vegetable soup for 10 to 11 minutes on a low to medium flame.
13. then check the seasonings and add more salt or black pepper if required.
14. serve the vegetable soup plain or accompanied with some boiled noodles or steamed rice.