This eggless banana chocolate cake is a delicious, soft, crumbly and a faintly dense eggless cake. The recipe is not only egg free but vegan too.
As an egg replacer I have used flaxseed powder (flax meal). Since cocoa powder is used in the cake along with the bananas, you won’t get the taste and flavor of the flaxseed meal. I know some people don’t like the flaxseed powder taste in their baked goods.
In the recipe, I have used sunflower oil instead of butter. The oil made the cake soft and moist.
I had a lot of ripe bananas. With some I made the sweet appams. There were still two bananas left after making the appams and they were very very ripe.
Ripe bananas are very good to make any baked good like banana bread, Banana cake, Banana muffins, cookies. They add a rich dense flavor to the baked dish. They can also be used as an egg substitute. So don’t throw away ripe bananas. You can check this collection of Banana recipes to get recipe ideas for bananas.
This is also a very easy cake recipe. All you have to do is mix everything. I always prefer to make cake recipes that are easy and quick. For me baked recipes have to be easy as well as quick to make. This cake is done in 30 minutes if you have the flaxseed meal ready.
As a tip for making eggless cakes, I suggest storing a small bottle of ground flaxseed powder in your fridge. Comes in handy when you have to make baked goodies plus also you have a powerhouse of nutrition (omega 3 fatty acids, lignans and fibre) stored in your fridge.
I always roast some flaxseed, powder them and keep in the fridge.
This is a perfect tea time cake. I used a bundt pan to make the cake and it yields about 6 slices of cake.
More Eggless cake recipes
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Eggless Banana Chocolate Cake (With Flax Meal)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup demerara sugar or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed powder + 3 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Grease a medium sized bundt pan with oil.
- Mix the flaxseed powder with 3 tbsp water and keep aside for a few minutes till it becomes gelatinous.
- Sieve the flour with baking powder and baking soda.
- Peel and mash the bananas. You can also blend the bananas to get a smooth puree.
- Add all the ingredients to the seived flour and mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture in the bundt pan and bake at 180 degree celsius for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the cake to check if the cake is done. If it comes out clean the cake is done.
- Enjoy the cake with your evening tea or coffee.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later