collection of top 60 vegetable recipes posted on the blog. its a good practice to include vegetables, salads and fresh fruits in your diet. veggies are specially important for growing up kids who need a healthy diet. its also important that they are introduced to different veggies because at a tender age our food habits are formed.
try making these delicious veggie recipes at home. although in this list, i have shared popular veggie recipes from the blog. but i have taken care to include different veggies in the collection to give you many options to choose from. hope this is helpful to you all.
if you want to check recipes posted with a particular veggie then you can check these collections:
- aloo recipes (potato)
- beetroot recipes
- baingan recipes (aubergine or brinjal)
- bhindi recipes (okra or lady finger)
- cabbage recipes (patta gobhi)
- capsicum recipes (bell pepper or shimla mirch)
- gobi recipes (cauliflower)
- matar recipes (green peas)
- methi recipes (fenugreek leaves)
- palak recipes (spinach)
- tomato recipes (i know its not a veggie !!!)
mushroom is not a veggie but i thought of mentioning about them in this collection. as mushrooms are getting very popular among veg food lovers. so you can also have a look at popular mushroom recipes like:
top 60 vegetable recipes:
2. aloo matar recipe – a simple and home style recipe of punjabi peas and potatoes curry. best taste with fresh peas though you can even use frozen peas. you can also check this dry aloo matar and matar paneer recipe.
3. punjabi dum aloo recipe – this dum aloo recipe has a tang from tangy tomatoes and sweet hint from onions and cashews. in combination with the usual indian spices, what you get is a creamy and delicately spiced & flavored dum aloo. there are few more variations of making dum aloo recipes. e.g.
- bengali dum aloo which is very simple and lightly spiced.
- dum aloo recipe UP style (no onion no garlic version).
- restaurant style dum aloo recipe.
4. veg kurma recipe – south indian hotel style kurma recipe made with mixed veggies, coconut and spices. korma or kurma is a gravy based dish and is served with chapatis, pooris or steamed rice. there are different ways of making a kurma gravy. few such variations are:
- potato kurma
- vegetable korma
- mushroom korma
- paneer korma recipe
- navratan korma (from mughlai cuisine)
- lauki paratha
- lauki kheer recipe
- lauki sabzi recipe
- lauki halwa recipe
- lauki thepla recipe
- lauki chana dal recipe
6. aloo gobi recipe – the classic aloo gobi in an onion and tomato based sauce simmered with spices. dhaba style recipe. this aloo gobi has a gravy. there are many variations of making aloo gobi recipe all over india. few such variations which you can make at times are:
- dry aloo gobi recipe
- aloo gobi masala recipe (restaurant style)
- aloo phulkopir dalna recipe (potato cauliflower curry from the bengali cuisine)
- flower batata rassa recipe (maharashtrian style aloo gobi curry recipe)
- aloo gobi matar recipe (another variation where green peas are added)
- aloo gobi methi tuk recipe (easy sindhi recipe where fenugreek leaves are added)
7. baingan bharta recipe – simple punjabi style baingan bharta recipe made without the use of many masalas and spices. we simply love this recipe in its simplicity and taste. you can also check this popular maharastrian stuffed brinjals dish called as bharli vangi recipe.
8. stuffed capsicum recipe – green bell peppers stuffed with spiced potatoes. sometimes i also add green peas to the potato stuffing. this dish also makes for a good tiffin box lunch. stuffed vegetable dishes are quite popular in india. few such recipes are:
9. veg kadai recipe – restaurant style punjabi vegetable kadai gravy recipe. making the veg kadai takes some more time than preparing kadai paneer as the veggies need to be cooked. but the results are too good and delicious. other mix vegetable curry recipes you can make are:
10. aloo palak recipe – delicious dish of potatoes in a smooth spinach sauce. goes well with with rotis, rice, naan or parathas. this aloo palak recipe is similar to the way i make palak paneer. the potatoes are boiled first and then added towards the end.
11. bagara baingan recipe – a popular and delicious dish made with small aubergines (brinjal). this brinjal curry goes very well with biryani varieties or rotis or rice. it is often made to serve as a side dish with biryani.
12. mix veg curry recipe – simple, homely and tasty recipe of mix vegetables made in north indian punjabi style. the best part of this mix veg curry recipe is that you can use spare veggies that are in your kitchen and make a one pot tasty mix veg gravy.
13. bhindi fry recipe – easy & spiced bhindi fry north indian style recipe. in this recipe, everything is cooked together in one pan. the slightly caramelized taste of the onions and the tang of the tomatoes goes very well with the few okra pieces that get golden & crisp.
14. gobi manchurian recipe – gobi manchurian gravy is a popular indo chinese recipe. this recipe of cauliflower manchurian is super delicious and tasty. you simply can’t stop eating it. i have also shared gobi manchurian dry recipe.
15. palak paneer recipe – soft paneer cubes cooked in a smooth spinach curry. this palak paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipe on the blog. few more similar recipes made with greens and paneer that you can try are:
- saag paneer
- palak paneer kathi rolls
- palak paneer bhurji
- methi paneer
- methi chaman
- palak paneer recipe (no onion no garlic version)
16. aloo methi recipe – delicious punjabi aloo methi recipe made with minimal ingredients and a family recipe. it has a lot of flavor and bitterness of methi (fenugreek) leaves combined with the earthy flavor and taste of potatoes. it is less spiced and a dry vegetable sabzi.
17. green peas masala – creamy and delicious green peas masala gravy. no onion no garlic recipe. this peas masala recipe does not use butter or cream like most of the restaurant style recipes i have posted. cashews and milk powder are added to make this gravy creamy, smooth and slightly sweet. if you want to make dry version then you can make this matar sabzi recipe.
18. kovakkai fry recipe (tendli fry) – simple and easy home style kovakkai fry best served as a side dish with chapatis or with curd rice and dal-rice. kovakkai fry also goes well in tiffin box paired with some soft phulkas or rotis. kovakkai is also known as tendli or tindora or ivy gourd. i have shared a few more recipes made with kovakkai or tindora:
19. drumstick curry recipe – this delicious curry also called as shengya chi kodi is a coconut based curry made with drumsticks. the drumsticks that i refer are the pods of the plant moringa oleifera. these are also called as saijan ki phalli in hindi. few more recipes where you can use drumsticks are:
20. potato curry recipe – a simple homely curry with potatoes. this potato curry recipe is also one of those recipes that you can make in a hurry after a tired day’s work or when have no veggies or lentils in your kitchen. if you want to make potato curry recipe then few more options you have are:
- aloo paneer
- potato stew
- potato korma
- aloo matar paneer
- potato curry (for masala dosa)
- mathura ke dubki wale aloo
21. bitter gourd fry recipe – this karela sabzi is an easy and quick dish. this is a north indian style karela sabzi recipe as i have used the spices which are generally used in north indian cooking. another recipe i make with karela is this punjabi style karela sabji.
22. methi matar malai – popular punjabi north indian curry made with green peas, fenugreek leaves and cream (malai).
23. gutti vankaya kura – stuffed brinjal curry from the andhra cuisine. the stuffing is made from a mix of desiccated coconut, peanuts and spices, which is ground finely. small tender brinjals are stuffed with this ground masala and then cooked. another similar recipe is this badanekayi ennegayi recipe. gutti vankaya kura tastes best with jowar roti or bajra roti or chapatis. the curry also tastes good with steamed rice.
25. kofta recipe – delicious and creamy restaurant style mix veg kofta gravy recipe. this veg kofta recipe is similar to the malai kofta recipe i have shared on blog. it is a rich gravy so best meant for special occasions or for an indulgent weekend lunch or dinner. other popular kofta variations are:
26. cabbage fry recipe – cabbage thoran or cabbage fry is a dry vegetable dish made in kerala cuisine. thoran is basically finely chopped or grated vegetables cooked with shallots, chilies, fresh grated coconut and spices.
27. vangi bath (karnataka style) – delicious recipe of spiced brinjal rice from the karnataka cuisine. vangi means, brinjal, baingan, aubergines or eggplant. bhath or baath means rice.
28. kaddu ki sabzi recipe – easy and delicious pumpkin recipe that can be made on regular days and also during navratri or ekadashi fasting. this kaddu or pumpkin sabzi is a favorite at home. kaddu ki sabzi is also known as petha sabzi.
30. beetroot rice recipe – easy lunch idea recipe of beetroot rice or beetroot pulao. this beetroot pulao is slightly spicy with the sweetness of beetroot coming through in the spiced rice. kind of a complex flavored dish. the recipe can be made quickly in a pressure cooker.
31. kashmiri dum aloo – baby potatoes in a spicy vibrant curd based gravy. a recipe from the kashmiri cuisine. served with steamed rice.
32. vegetable stew recipe – easy to make lightly spiced, delicate and aromatic stew with mixed vegetables, coconut milk and spices. a popular stew from the kerala cuisine. you can serve vegetable stew with appams or steamed basmati rice.
33. aloo beans recipe – spiced and tasty french beans and potatoes stir fry made in punjabi style. this easy and quick to prepare punjabi recipe is made with minimum ingredients and yet taste very good..
34. brinjal fry recipe – crispy and delicious pan fried brinjal slices. these brinjal slices have nice sweetish tones and soft in texture from within and crisp from outside.
35. potato fry recipe – simple, easy and tasty recipe of potato fry. aloo fry is one of those dishes that you can easily prepare for a quick lunch or dinner option.
36. cauliflower curry recipe – healthy and delicious cauliflower curry that goes very well with chapatis or parathas. this cauliflower curry is also one of those curry recipes i make at times. sometimes i also add peas or potatoes in it.
38. brinjal masala recipe – one of the special recipes that i make with brinjal is this baingan masala. this hyderabadi style delicious brinjal curry goes very well with chapatis or bajra bhakri or jowar bhakri or veg biryani or vegetable pulao or cumin rice.
39. sarson ka saag– this very popular punjabi recipe is a winter staple in north india. sarson ka saag is made with 5 green leafy vegetables. they are mustard, bathua (also known as chenopodium in english), spinach, radish and fenugreek. saag is best served with makki di roti.
40. gobi recipe – creamy delicious and lightly spiced gobi masala made restaurant style. this cauliflower curry recipe is easy and simple to make and goes very well with rotis, naan, tandoori rotis or just plain steamed rice.
41. jeera aloo – one of the easiest and simplest recipe made with potatoes and cumin. you can serve it with rotis or pooris.
42. dal palak recipe – this delicious spinach dal recipe is a very simple and easy one and won’t take much of your time. also this dal palak recipe is made without onion and garlic.
43. gobi 65 – spicy starter snack of fried cauliflower florets. this is a dry version of gobi 65 and does not include sauces like soy sauce or tomato sauce. other popular variations are:
44. palak corn curry – a mild and lightly spiced curry made with spinach and sweet corn.
45. vegetable paratha recipe – soft, healthy and delicious whole wheat parathas made with mix vegetables. you can add your choice of veggies. few more flat breads or parathas you can make with veggies are:
- methi paratha
- gobi paratha
- palak paratha
- peas paratha
- aloo paratha
- cabbage paratha
- bathua paratha
- methi thepla recipe
46. chilli baby corn recipe – quick recipe of a goan style chilli baby corn. the recipe is slightly spicy. the sweetness of the baby corn accompanies the heat of the green chilies, the sweetness of the onions & capsicum and the aroma of the spices very well in this recipe. for more such recipes you can check this collection of 12 baby corn recipes.
47. matar mushroom recipe – a semi dry delicious vegetable dish made with peas and mushroom. if you want to make gravy version then you can check this recipe of mushroom matar curry recipe made in south indian style.
48. capsicum masala recipe – delicious hyderabadi style curry made with capsicum or bell peppers. good side gravy dish with chapatis or parathas.
49. mooli ki bhurji recipe – spiced stir fried radish with carom seeds and cooked in mustard oil. if you don’t like mooli, then you must try this mooli bhurji. you will forget your animosity with mooli. other recipes you can make with radish are:
52. veg kuzhambu recipe – spiced and tangy kuzhambu gravy made with mix vegetables. few other kuzhambu varieties which are posted on blog are:
53. yam fry recipe – a simple stir fry dish made with yam, spices, coconut without addition of onions, garlic and ginger. apart from serving elephant yam fry as a side dish, it also goes well with chapatis. makes for a nice tiffin box lunch. few more recipes you can make with yam are:
54. beans poriyal recipe – a quick and tasty south indian side dish made with french beans, spices and coconut.
55. kathal recipe – home style delicious curry made with raw jackfruit or kathal. its one of those curries that have a homely feeling and taste. two more recipes you can make with kathal are:
56. kurkuri bhindi recipe – spicy, tasty and crispy okra recipe. it is one of the best side dish you can make with bhindi.
57. undhiyu recipe – this is an easy and super delicious undhiyu recipe that does not take much time. undhiyu is a one pot vegetable casserole dish that is the hallmark of gujarati vegetarian cuisine.
59. sambar recipe – an easy and quick recipe to make vegetable sambar using pressure cooker. in sambar various vegetables are added. either you can make sambar with a mix of veggies or use only one vegetable. usually i add vegetables like pumpkin, carrots, drumsticks, green beans, okra, potatoes, brinjals, snake gourd and onions. for more sambar varieties you can check this collection of 18 sambar recipes.
60. hara bhara kabab – kabab made from spinach, peas and potatoes. nutritious as well as delicious. an easy finger food that can be served as a brunch or also as a starter. one which is light and not heavy. other popular variations of kabab are:
This post was last modified on May 1, 2018, 6:41 pm