tomato raita recipe with step wise pics – quick raita recipe with tomatoes.
sharing a very easy tomato raita recipe. usually with pulao or biryani, i make onion tomato raita, but when out of onions & on fasting days i make this tomato raita.
for a quicker option just add the chopped tomatoes to the curd. if you want a more pronounced taste and flavor of tomatoes, then puree one tomato and add along with the chopped tomatoes. use rock salt or sendha namak if making on the fasting days.
some more raita recipes on blog are:
INGREDIENTS FOR tomato raita
- 1 cup fresh chilled curd (yogurt or dahi)
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes (tamatar) or 1 medium to large tomato, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves or coriander leaves or a mix of both
- 1 green chili (hari mirch) - finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- black salt as required, can also add rock salt or regular salt
HOW TO MAKE tomato raita
- whisk the fresh chilled curd till smooth.
- add the finely chopped tomatoes, mint leaves or coriander leaves or a mix of both, chopped green chilies, roasted cumin powder. season with black salt as per taste.
- mix everything well.
- serve the tomato raita immediately as a side dish with veg biryani or veg pulao. you can also serve this raita with any north indian meal.
few stepwise pics for tomato raita recipe:
1. whisk 1 cup fresh chilled curd/dahi till smooth.
2. add ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes, ½ to 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves or coriander leaves or a mix of both, 1 green chili, finely chopped and ½ tsp roasted cumin powder. season with black salt as per taste.
3. mix everything well.