Tomato raita recipe with step wise pics – quick raita recipe with tomatoes.
Sharing a very easy tomato raita recipe. usually with pulao or biryani, I make Onion tomato raita, but when out of onions & on fasting days I make this tomato raita.
For a quicker option just add the chopped tomatoes to the curd. If you want a more pronounced taste and flavor of tomatoes, then puree one tomato and add along with the chopped tomatoes. Use rock salt or sendha namak if making on the fasting days.
Like any raita, This tomato raita also pairs very well with veg biryani or veg pulao.
Few stepwise pics for tomato raita
1. Whisk 1 cup fresh chilled curd/dahi till smooth.
2. Add ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes, ½ to 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves or coriander leaves or a mix of both, 1 green chili, finely chopped and ½ tsp roasted cumin powder. Season with black salt as per taste.
3. Mix everything well.
4. Serve tomato raita immediately as a side dish with veg biryani or veg pulao or dal khichdi or mushroom biryani. You can also serve this raita with any North Indian meal.
Some more Raita recipes on blog are:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
- 1 cup fresh chilled curd (yogurt or dahi)
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes (tamatar) or 1 medium to large tomato, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves or coriander leaves or a mix of both
- 1 green chili (hari mirch) - finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- black salt as required, can also add rock salt or regular salt
- Whisk the fresh chilled curd till smooth.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes, mint leaves or coriander leaves or a mix of both, chopped green chilies, roasted cumin powder. Season with black salt as per taste.
- Mix everything well.
- Serve the tomato raita immediately as a side dish with veg biryani or veg pulao. You can also serve this raita with any north indian meal.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later