Custard apple cream or Sitaphal cream recipe – if you have lived in Mumbai then you will know about sitaphal cream.
Basically its custard apple pulp mixed with chilled cream… You guessed it right. Sitaphal is the hindi word for Custard apples.
If you have had the Sitaphal cream, then you know it is such a WOW dessert. custard apples are in season here. So when we got them, I wanted to make the sitaphal cream. Now I did not want to use regular cream.
So since my vegan fruit salad With cashew cream was such a success, I had no second thoughts on which vegan cream to use.
So there I added cashew cream with some organic cane sugar and vanilla and had a beautiful bowl of Custard apple cream.
Now the dessert was a creamy, sweet dessert and you don’t miss the regular cream here. Apart from this recipe, you can also make Custard apple ice cream.
This dessert has become a hot favorite at home now. you can use regular cream instead of cashew cream. the recipe has been adapted from About.com. you can also check Mango ice cream and Vanilla ice cream recipe.
If you are looking for more Desserts then do check:
- 4-5 medium sized custard apples
- ¾ to 1 cup chilled cashew cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 pinch of saffron (optional)
- sugar as required
- Remove the flesh from the seeds.
- This takes some time.
- Collect the pulp in a bowl.
- Mix the cream with the sugar & vanilla.
- Now add the custard apple pulp. mix well.
- Add to serving bowls and garnish with some saffron strands.
- Chill or serve custard apple cream straightaway.