instant ragi dosa recipe with step by step photos – this is a quick and healthy dosa variety. ragi also known as finger millet or red millet is commonly used in the maharashtra and karnataka regions of india. in marathi it is called as nachni. it is used to make bhakris, dosas, puddings, porridges. few ragi recipes i have shared are:
in india ragi dishes are commonly fed to infants, lactating mothers and people recovering from illnesses. ragi is rich in calcium and extremely good for vegans and vegetarians. ragi is the best source of calcium. 100 gms of ragi contains approx 350 mg of calcium. ragi also has some essential amino acids which are required by the body. ragi is easily digestible and very nutritious.
women should have a good amount of calcium in the diet as with age and deficiency of calcium, the bones become porous and cause problems.
the recipe here is a no grind ragi dosa recipe and very easy. it does not require you to grind anything. you just have to mix everything. and then start making the dosas. i have also shared the process of making fermented ragi dosa recipe as well as ragi idli.
my step by step photographs for the ragi dosa recipe are not that good due to less light in my kitchen. anyways i hope that my regular readers won’t mind it. for this recipe i have used sprouted ragi flour, but you could use ragi flour or even combine both and make the ragi dosas.
few tips for making instant ragi dosa:
- if you do not like the sourness in dosa due to the curd being added, then you can add milk instead or half-half of both curd and milk.
- you could even add rice flour or besan (gram flour) to the ragi flour. but keep this mixture for 30-45 mins before making the dosa.
- you could also add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and some sesame seeds to the ragi dosa to make it more wholesome and spicier.
instant ragi dosa recipe below:
instant ragi dosa recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour. i used organic sprouted ragi flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut or fresh coconut
- ½ cup curd (dahi or yogurt)
- salt as required
- water as required
- oil or ghee as required for preparing dosa
how to make recipe
take the ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour in a bowl or pan.
add the dessicated coconut to it.
then add the curd and salt.
add water to the mixture and start to mix everything well.
the batter should be slightly thin than the regular dosa batter. keep this batter covered for 30 minutes.
on a medium hot tava or griddle pour the batter with a help of a ladle and spread it slowly.
sprinkle some oil/butter/ghee on top. flip and cook the other side. cook the ragi dosa, the way you cook dosas at home.
serve the ragi dosa with any vegetable dish, sambar, dal or any chutney.
lets start step by step instant ragi dosa recipe:
- take the ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour in a bowl or pan.
- add the desiccated coconut to it. you can also use freshly grated coconut instead of desiccated coconut.
- add the curd and salt.
- add water to the mixture and start to mix everything well.
- the batter should be thin than the regular dosa batter. keep this batter covered for 30 minutes.
- on a medium hot tava or griddle pour the batter with a help of a ladle and spread it slowly.
- sprinkle some oil/butter/ghee on top. flip and cook the other side. cook till both sides are crisp and cooked well.
- serve the ragi dosa with any vegetable dish, sambar, dal or any chutney.