papaya lassi recipe – this is the first time i made papaya lassi and i was astounded by its refreshing taste and awesome flavor. in fact after mango lassi, papaya lassi has become a favorite summer drink.
generally we just have papaya plain. i have never added papaya to any of the dessert or drinks i make. in our family usually we have sweet lassi which is the most popular way of making lassi specially in punjab. but for a change this time i wanted to experiment with papaya lassi and the result was awesome.
papaya lassi has similar flavors like that of mango lassi. if you are not able to find mangoes then making papaya lassi is a good option to enjoy tropical flavors.
the powdered cardamom also give a nice aromatic touch to the papaya lassi. so you have vitamin A in a glass. a healthy and yummy drink.
i have made the papaya lassi in vegan yogurt made with cashews. you can make in regular milk yogurt too. i am not so fond of soy yogurt, so i make all the lassi, buttermilk and raita in cashew yoghurt. cashew yogurt is creamy and sweet and makes a good base to make lassi drinks.
if you are looking for more beverages then you can also check:
INGREDIENTS FOR papaya lassi
- 2 small ripe papaya
- 2 cups cashew yogurt or milk yogurt
- 4 to 5 green cardamom - powdered, discard the outer cover
- 4 ice cubes optional
- sugar or powdered jaggery as required.
HOW TO MAKE papaya lassi
- rinse the papaya. peel and chop the papaya. remove the seeds etc.
- in a blender first blend the papaya, sugar and the powdered cardamom.
- then add the yogurt, ice cubes and blend again till smooth.
- pour the lassi in tall glasses and serve papaya lassi.