paneer sandwich recipe – this veg paneer sandwich which i make sometimes, is a variation of the bombay veg sandwich. along with the paneer, veggies & the green chutney, the sandwich becomes a healthy one.
if you don’t have the veggies, then you can still make the sandwich with the paneer stuffing. in this recipe i made a fusion of italian and indian flavors. the paneer has italian-indian herbs in it, whilst the veggies is spiced with indian spices. for the paneer stuffing, i have used basil leaves, celery and coriander. if you want to make sandwich with indian flavors then you can check this grilled paneer sandwich recipe.
sandwich are always hot with people who are short of time as they are quick to make and serve. one can pack them while going for a short journeys or picnics too.
making sandwich does not require much cooking expertise and even youngsters who are new to cooking can easily make their favorite sandwich by using the stuffing of their liking. you can make good fusion sandwiches by combining different flavors.
here i have used homemade whole wheat bread. you can use any bread like brown bread or white bread to make this sandwich.
i served the veg paneer sandwich with coriander chutney and tomato sauce. however, the sandwich can also be served with basil pesto.
few of the sandwich recipes on my blog which are easy to make are:
if you want to use homemade paneer/cottage cheese for this recipe then do check my step by step post on making paneer. to make a vegan version, replace paneer with tofu and butter with olive oil.
veg paneer sandwich recipe below:
paneer sandwich recipe
paneer sandwich recipe - healthy and delicious paneer sandwich recipe made using paneer, veggies and herbs.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 8 to 10 slices of whole wheat bread or brown bread or white bread
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 beetroot - boiled and peeled
- 1 potato - boiled and peeled
- 1 medium size onion - peeled
- chaat masala as required
- cumin powder as required (jeera powder)
- butter or olive oil as required
for paneer stuffing:
- 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 4 to 5 italian basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder or red chili flakes
- 1 green chili - chopped
- rock salt or black salt as required
how to make recipe
making paneer stuffing for sandwiches:
- crumble the paneer in a bowl.
- add all the fresh herbs, oregano, green chilies, red chili powder, pepper powder and salt. mix well.
making paneer sandwiches:
- slice all the veggies thinly.
- spread butter on the bread or brush some oil.
- place the paneer mixture on the bread.
- sprinkle some chaat masala and jeera powder.
- place the two or three slices of each veggie on the paneer stuffing.
- sprinkle again some salt, chaat masala and cumin powder.
- place the other buttered slice on the top.
either grill or toast the paneer sandwich till crisp and browned from both sides.
- brush some oil or butter on the top of the sandwiches.
- serve paneer sandwich hot with mint coriander chutney and tomato sauce.
step by step veg paneer sandwich recipe:
1: crumble the paneer with your hands or grate it. add the chopped basil, celery, coriander leaves, green chilies along with black pepper, red chili powder and salt. mix well.
2: spread or brush some butter or olive oil on the bread. add a tbsp or more of the paneer mixture on the bread. sprinkle some chaat masala and cumin powder. place two or three slices each of boiled potato, onion, boiled beetroot and tomato. sprinkle some salt, chaat masala and cumin powder again.
3: place the second buttered or oiled bread on top and either grill or toast the sandwich. here i have used my old sandwich hand toaster which works on stove top.
4: once the sandwiches are browned, then remove and spread some butter if required on the sandwiches. serve veg paneer sandwich hot with mint-coriander chutney and tomato sauce.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe