mango cream recipe – have you had mangoes with cream or blended mango with cream? the combination of mango with cream is awesome.
in fact i wanted to make a black forest cake with the coconut cream as i had a few cans of coconut cream waiting to be used up. did not get time and the cake got postponed. so since mangoes were there at home, decided to blend the mangoes with coconut cream and make a delicious mango cream. this is one of the way to make delicious desserts with mangoes. at times, i also make mango cake, mango muffins, mango ice cream or mango cheesecake during the mango seasons.
in this mango cream recipe i have used alphonso mangoes as they are very sweet and they yield a good smooth pulp and not at all fibrous. you can also use ready made mango puree but avoid the mangoes which are fibrous.
now let me tell you coconut cream is addictive. you can be innovative in using coconut cream. you can even mix seasonal fruits or berries with it and have a lovely creamy dessert. if you cannot get coconut cream, then you can still make this awesome dessert with regular cream.
if you are looking for more mango recipes then do check:
INGREDIENTS FOR mango cream
- 2 medium sized alphonso mangoes
- 400 ml coconut cream - reserve some coconut cream for topping
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder or green cardamom powder
- coconut sugar or powdered jaggery or sugar as required
HOW TO MAKE mango cream
- rinse, peel and chop the mangoes.
- in a blender, puree the mangoes with coconut sugar or powdered jaggery till smooth.
- add the coconut cream and blend again till smooth.
- pour in bowls or glasses.
- blend the reserved coconut cream with some coconut sugar.
- top this on the mango cream.
- sprinkle some cinnamon powder or cardamom powder on the top.
- refrigerated or serve the mango cream straightaway.