mango smoothie recipe – an easy, delicious and healthy recipe of a smoothie made with mangoes and almonds.
i make a lot of smoothies at home and the colors of this smoothie inspired me so much that i had to take pics and also write a post on it. not along go when i started blogging, i did not know that photography would become such a joy and passion for me.
summers are the times when i make a lot of juices and smoothies at home. i also make a lot of lassi, buttermilk… mango lassi being the hubby’s favorite. apart from this i make the very native and goan kokum sherbet at home. shikanji, i make everyday. though, i have not blogged at all about the smoothies i make.
this is super duper easy like all smoothies. just blend mangoes with chopped almonds with some sugar. thats it. to make it more thinner you can add ice cubes while blending. i have also added crushed cardamom to the smoothie to make it more aromatic and cooling. smoothies are healthy and its good to have them everyday. if you want you can add milk to this smoothie while making it.
april and may is the season of mangoes in india. they all come in the market and there are many indian varieties that are found. we often make quick mango mousse, mango muffins, mango lassi, aam ka panna, aamras, mango pickle or mango cake recipe. for making this smoothie you can add your choice of mangoes. i have made it with alphonso mangoes.
the smoothie recipe below is for two people. so beat the summer with this almond mango smoothie.
mango smoothie recipe below:
mango smoothie recipe | vegan mango smoothie recipe
an easy, delicious and healthy recipe of a smoothie with mangoes and almonds.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 3 ripe alphonso mangoes
- 15 to 18 almonds (badam) or add as required
- 2 to 3 cardamom or ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- sugar as required
- some ice cubes
- a few mint leaves for garnishing (pudina patta) - optional
how to make recipe
- peel and chop the mangoes.
- crush the cardamom.
- add the chopped mangoes, almonds, crushed cardamom, sugar and ice cubes in a blender.
- blend till smooth.
- pour the smoothie in long glasses or mugs.
- top with some chopped mangoes and fresh mint leaves.
serve almond mango smoothie.
1: to thin the smoothie, you can add some water or milk.
2: the recipe can be doubled or tripled
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe