Collection of 26 quick and instant recipes – there are times when we don’t have a time to make a elaborate meal and want to cook something quickly. This post is a collection of recipes which can be either made quickly or are the quick versions of recipes which take some time to prepare and cook – like a quick paneer tikka or instant idli or instant dosa recipes. I have shared such recipes in this post.
Though most of the recipes in this collection are different variations of idli, dosa, uttapam etc, there is also an instant mango pickle, instant dhokla, quick paneer tikka and instant chakli.
Get My Secrets to Great Indian Food
The instant South Indian breakfast recipes are healthy and are also easier to make. I hope the collection will be useful to you all. You can also check these Useful recipes collections:
- 12 idli recipes
- Top 10 paneer recipes
- Top 10 breakfast recipes
- 17 pressure cooker recipes
- 10 delicious eggless cakes recipes
Collection of 26 quick and instant recipes:
1. Instant idli recipe – quick and instant recipe of preparing soft idlis. No fermentation required. the recipe yields really good soft and fluffy idlis. For an instant idli recipe, the texture of these idlis is too good. the taste is not typically sour like the Fermented idlis, but these idlis are a better option for an instant recipe.
2. Instant dosa recipe – quick and instant recipe of preparing crisp dosas. No fermentation required. The taste and texture of these instant dosas cannot be compared to the dosas made from ground and fermented rice-lentil batter, but for an instant version these dosas are good. If you want to check the traditional method of preparing dosa, then you can check this post on How to prepare dosa batter in a mixer or grinder.
3. Rava uttapam recipe – easy, quick and instant uttapams made with rava (sooji or cream of wheat). These uttapams can be made plain or topped with onions, tomatoes or mixed grated veggies. These stay soft even after cooling and so can be packed in tiffin box too.
4. Whole wheat flour appam recipe – quick sweet appams made with whole wheat flour, bananas and jaggery. These appams make for a nice evening snack. They stay good for a week in the fridge.
5. Instant chakli recipe – crisp chaklis made easy. You will need a chakli maker to prepare these chaklis. These chaklis are made from rice flour and gram flour (besan).
6. Khaman dhokla recipe – savory steamed cake made from gram flour (besan). Khaman is soft and fluffy, mildly tangy-sweet and a great snack anytime of the day.
7. Paneer tikka recipe – this is a quick recipe to make paneer tikka at home. In this recipe, there is no time used up for marination. Just mix everything and then fry the tikka pieces individually or skewered in a tooth pic. The best part is you can shallow fry or pan fry the paneer tikkas. You can even fry the tikka on a tava or griddle.
8. Rava dosa recipe – easy crisp dosa made with semolina, rice flour and all purpose flour (maida). you can make the rava dosa plain or you can spice it up by adding chopped onions, curry leaves, herbs and spices.
9. Quick ragi dosa recipe – this is a quick and healthy dosa variety. Ragi also known as finger millet or red millet or nachni. Ragi is rich in calcium and extremely good for everyone. For the fermented version you can check this Ragi dosa recipe.
10. Rava dhokla recipe – steamed, soft and fluffy cakes made from rava or semolina. this is an easy, quick and instant rava dhokla recipe and does not require fermentation. These light fluffy dhokla can be steamed in an electric cooker, dhokla steamer or pressure cooker or a pan.
11. Rava idli recipe – instant idlis made with rava or sooji (cream of wheat. To make these instant rava idlis, no grinding and fermenting is required.
12. Oats idli recipe – a quick and instant recipe of idli made with oats. This recipe is similar to the way we make instant rava idli. Apart from oats, I have also added rava (sooji or cream of wheat) in the batter.
13. Oats dosa recipe – crisp, lacy and healthy oats dosa. They are quick to make as no fermentation is required in this recipe. If you like oats then you can also check this collection of 12 oats recipes.
14. Instant mango pickle – the pickle is prepared with raw unripe mangoes, mustard seeds, curry leaves and some spices. Best part of this pickle recipe is that it can be made in less than 15 minutes.
15. Instant idli mix recipe – homemade instant idli mix made with rice flour, urad dal and poha (flattened rice). The idlis made with these instant idli mix are soft, fluffy and goes very well with Coconut chutney or Sambar. can be stored easily for a couple of months.
16. Instant dosa mix recipe – homemade instant dosa mix made with idli rava, urad dal flour, besan and methi seeds. its very easy to prepare this instant dosa mix at home. Whenever you want to make dosas, just take the required amount of flour. Add some curd (or lemon juice), water and eno (fruit salt). Mix very well and prepare the dosas. With the same mix, you can even prepare fermented dosa. Prepare a batter with the dosa mix and water. Then ferment the batter overnight or for 8 to 9 hours. This instant dosa mix stays good for a couple of months.
17. Instant idli recipe with poha – as the name suggests this is quick method of preparing idlis. No fermentation is required. Poha makes these idlis light and fluffy. In the recipe I have ground urad dal, but you can also use readymade urad dal flour.
18. Whole wheat dosa recipe – an instant dosa recipe made with whole wheat flour (atta), onion, herbs and spices. You just need to mix all the ingredients and allow the batter to sit for 30 minutes. Later you can make the dosas.
19. Oats uttapam recipe – healthy, easy and an instant recipe of uttapam made with oats. Apart from oats, sooji or rava and besan is also added to the uttapam. Instead of sooji you can also use rice flour, thus having a gluten free option for these uttapams.
20. Onion rava dosa recipe – a variation of the popular rava dosa recipe with onions. just mix all the ingredients and allow the batter to sit for 15 to 20 minutes and then you are ready to make the dosas. For more delicious dosa recipes, you can check this Collection of 30 dosa varieties.
22. Bread dosa recipe – its one of the easiest dosa one can make with bread. I have added tempering in the dosa batter which adds lot of flavor to the dosa. For more bread snacks recipes, you can check this Collection of 20 bread snacks recipes.
23. Quick tomato rasam recipe – easy to prepare and instant recipe of tomato rasam. you do not need to add rasam powder or tamarind. For more tasty rasam recipes, you can check this Collection of 12 rasam recipes.
24. Instant coconut ladoo recipe – 2 ingredient delicious ladoos that are pretty quick to make. The 2 main ingredients are sweetened condensed milk and desiccated coconut. For more delicious ladoo recipes you can check this Collection of 23 ladoo varieties.
25. Instant khoya recipe – one of the quickest and easiest method to make mawa or khoya is with milk powder. Its very quick, instant and takes less than 5 minutes to make khoya. after that you do have to allow the khoya to cool at room temperature before using it, which also does not take much time. you can use this khoya to make variety of recipes like
26. Instant dosa recipe with cooked rice – these crisp rice dosa are made with leftover rice. Making dosa from leftover rice is quick as no fermentation is required. This dosa recipe yields crisp dosa and tastes good.