potato salad recipe – simple and easy salad with potatoes and mixed herbs.
this is a very simple potato salad that i make at times. quick to assemble, if you already have some boiled potatoes handy. there is no dressing as such in the recipe and you just need to mix and toss everything. this salad can also be served as a starter snack. also goes well with a side of soup and some breads.
for the herbs you can use your favorite herbs or your choice of fresh herbs. i have used a mix of basil, parsley and celery. if you live in parts of india, where you do not get fresh herbs like basil or parsley. then use indian herbs like coriander leaves and fresh mint leaves in the salad.
always use fresh herbs. also rinse the herbs very well and you can use a salad spinner to dry them or just pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
potato being a favorite of adults and kids alike, this salad is liked by everyone.
potato salad recipe below:
potato salad recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR potato salad recipe (1 CUP = 250 ML)
- 3 medium sized potatoes, boiled
- ¼ cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (your choice of herbs. i used a mix of fresh basil, parsley and celery )
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt as required
- freshly crushed black pepper (kali mirch powder) as required
- some lettuce leaves for garnish, torn or chopped
HOW TO MAKE potato salad recipe
- boil the potatoes till they are cooked well.
- when the potatoes are still warm, peel and chop them.
- in a bowl take the chopped potatoes.
- add the chopped mixed herbs.
- add salt, pepper as per taste.
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
- gently toss and mix the salad till the oil and herbs have coated the potatoes.
- garnish with some torn or chopped lettuce leaves.
- serve potato salad immediately.
- if you plan to serve later, then chill the potatoes. just before serving mix the other ingredients and then serve potato salad.