collection of 22 garlic recipes – garlic is one of the herbs that i use quite often in my cooking. in indian food, especially in the north indian cuisine, garlic paste is often added along with ginger paste or what is commonly referred to as ginger-garlic paste.
apart from adding ginger-garlic paste, only chopped garlic or garlic paste can also be added in some recipes. in this post, i am sharing a collection of recipes where garlic is one of the main ingredients. thus the slight pungency and aroma of garlic is felt in these recipes.
its good to include garlic in your diet in moderation as it has many healthy benefits. e.g. it is good for cold, can reduce blood pressure, helps in reducing cholesterol, prevents cancer and has anti-bacterial properties.
collection of 22 veg garlic recipes:
1. garlic bread rolls – bread rolls made with garlic herb butter. made from whole wheat flour and an eggless recipe of bread rolls.
2. lahsuni bhindi – okra flavored with garlic and spiced with indian spices. a very easy and spicy bhindi recipe and won’t take much of your time.
3. garlic naan recipe – step by step method to make soft and light garlic naan. naan is a leavened indian bread. you can serve garlic naan with your favorite indian dal or curry dish.
4. cheese garlic bread – easy and quick cheesy garlic bread in oven. you can also make on a tawa/skillet. use any bread and cheese of your choice.
5. garlic rasam – spiced, sour rasam made seasoned with garlic and spices. this rasam goes very well with steamed rice. you can also have plain as a soup.
6. cheese garlic naan recipe – no yeast cheese garlic naan recipe on tawa or skillet or stovetop. cheese garlic naan can be had plain or served with gravy recipes.
7. momos chutney recipe – spicy chutney for veg momos made with tomatoes, garlic and red chilies. apart from veg momos, this spicy tomato chutney also goes well with any pakoras or fritters or tikkis.
8. cheese garlic bread sticks recipe – bread sticks are a tasty cheesy snack made popular by the pizza joints in india. making cheese bread sticks at home is not difficult and with a good quality yeast, you can make bread sticks tasting better than the pizza joints. you can serve cheese garlic bread sticks with tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, schezwan sauce or any dipping sauce of your choice.
9. garlic dal – quick and easy recipe for making garlic dal. you just need some spices and garlic.
10. garlic mushrooms – italian garlic mushroom – garlicky mushrooms sauted in olive oil and seasoned with mixed herbs.
11. chilli garlic noodles – easy to prepare chinese chilli garlic noodles recipe. this recipe has noodles spiced up with garlic, dry red chilies and red chili sauce. for more tasty noodles recipes you can check this collection of 11 chinese noodle recipes.
12. chinese style garlic mushroom – medium spicy sauce based dish made with white button mushrooms, garlic and spices.
13. garlic bread recipe – this garlic bread is soft, light with a good garlic flavor and taste.
15. cheese garlic toast – easy and quick cheese garlic toast recipe made with freshly made garlic butter spread and cheese.
16. coconut garlic chutney – chutney made with coconut, garlic, green chilies and flavored more with tempering spices.
17. garlic bread recipe on tawa – a super easy recipe of making garlic bread on a tawa or frying pan and without the oven.
18. avocado garlic toast recipe – easy and a quick breakfast recipe of avocado garlic bread toast.
19. burnt garlic fried rice – one of the popular variety of veg fried rice available in the chinese restaurants in india.
20. garlic butter mushroom – quick, easy and a yum recipe of white button mushrooms sauteed with butter, garlic and herbs. less ingredients but packed with full flavor.
21. peanut thecha – spicy crunchy chutney from the maharashtrian cuisine. the chutney is made with peanuts, garlic and green chilies. thecha is like a condiment chutney that perks up any meal, especially if the dishes are bland. you can serve the peanut thecha as a side condiment or with jowar rotis or bajra bhakris or paratha or even with zunka bhakri.
22. lasaniya batata recipe – a spicy garlicky baby potatoes recipe from the gujarati cuisine. this dish is a delight for those who love spicy vibrant food.