Garlic coconut chutney recipe with step by step photos – another coconut chutney recipe with flavors of garlic along with coconut, chana dal, coriander and curry leaves.
This garlic coconut chutney like other coconut chutneys can also be served with the usual South Indian tiffin snacks like idli, dosa, medu vada, mysore bonda and upma.
This garlic coconut chutney is not tempered. I just fry the curry leaves in some oil and then add these to the rest of the ingredients and grind. i served the chutney with masala dosa. I have also posted Another variation of Coconut garlic chutney in which the tempering or tadka is done.
For most of the time, while making Coconut chutney, I always add roasted chana/bengal gram as in my home they like the taste of the chana in the chutney. But if you want then you can just make the chutney with coconut only. The amount of garlic can be adjusted to your taste preferences.
How to make garlic coconut chutney (without tempering)
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready for making coconut chutney recipe.
2. Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a small frying pan.
3. Add 10 to 12 curry leaves.
4. Fry them till they are crisp.
5. Keep the fried curry leaves along with the oil aside.
6. In a chutney grinder or blender, take ¾ cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen), 3 tablespoons roasted chana dal (bengal gram) and 1 or 2 chopped green chilies.
7. Also add ½ teaspoon chopped ginger, 8 to 9 garlic cloves and 1 to 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
8. Add the fried curry leaves along with the oil.
9. Pour very little water.
10. Grind all the chutney ingredients until smooth.
11. Remove the garlic coconut chutney in a bowl.
12. Add salt as required.
13. Mix well.
14. Serve the garlic coconut chutney with idli, dosa, rava dosa, medu vada, onion uttapam or upma.
Few more Chutney Recipes on the blog are:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
easy garlic coconut chutney
- 8 to 9 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup grated coconut fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoon bengal gram (roasted chana dal)
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon chopped or grated ginger - optional
- 1 or 2 green chilis
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoon oil
- salt as required
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Add the curry leaves and fry them till they are crisp. Keep aside.
- Take the rest of the ingredients in a chutney grinder or blender.
- Add the fried curry leaves along with the oil.
- Pour very little water and grind all the chutney ingredients till smooth.
- Serve the garlic coconut chutney with idli, dosa, rava dosa, medu vada, uttapam or upma.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.