ganga jamuna juice recipe with step by step photos – sweet lime and orange juice medley.
ganga jamuna is a strange name for this juice which is made with sweet limes and fresh oranges. when for the first time, i came across this name in a mumbai restaurant, i was like what is this. to my naive mind, it was like must be some juice in which both ganga and jamuna jal (water) is mixed. oh boy… how wrong and funny i was. we asked the waiter and he said, that its a mixture of both orange and sweet lime juice. i was like wow. both fruits are my favorite and this juice with both the fruit juices must be one of a kind. that was the first time i had ganga jamuna and later also i have had this juice in restaurants.
so when sweet limes are in season, i make mosambi juice as well as ganga jamuna juice. so try this juice this summer and you will love it. on a second note apart from this juice two more family favorites i will be adding soon – cocktail juice and pineapple juice.
i have used an electric juicer to extract the juice. the same can be done with the round manual juice extractor. or chop and remove the seeds from the fruits’s segments. then blend in a mixer or blender and strain the juice through a juice strainer.
serve ganga jamuna juice immediately as the juice turn bitter if kept even for some minutes. you can also add some ice cubes while serving.
if you are looking for more beverages then do check:
ganga jamuna juice
INGREDIENTS FOR ganga jamuna juice
- 600 grams oranges or 3 large oranges
- 600 grams sweet lime or 3 large sweet lime, (mosambi)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- ⅛ teaspoon black salt or add as required
- ice cubes or water to thin down the juice if required - optional
HOW TO MAKE ganga jamuna juice
- peel and remove the segments from the 3 large oranges and 3 large sweet limes.
- add them to the feeder tube of the juicer. you can also halve the fruits and manually extract the juice.
- extract the juice and pour it in a bowl or pan.
- add sugar as required.
- then add about 1/8 tsp of black salt. stir and pour the juice in glasses.
- serve ganga jamuna juice immediately as the juice turn bitter if kept even for some minutes. add some ice cubes if you prefer while serving.
step by step ganga jamuna juice recipe:
1. peel and remove the segments from the 3 large oranges and 3 large sweet limes.
2. add them to the feeder tube of the juicer. you can also halve the fruits and manually extract the juice.
3. extract the juice and pour it in a bowl or pan.
4. add sugar as required. you can also skip sugar if the fruits are sweet. if they are tangy or sour, you may need to add some sugar. so add as per your taste.
5. then add about ⅛ tsp of black salt.
6. stir well so that the sugar dissolves. if you want you can add some water to thin down the juice.
7. pour in glasses. serve ganga jamuna juice immediately as the juice turn bitter if kept even for some minutes. add some ice cubes if you prefer while serving.