fruit salad recipe with cashew cream – one of my favorite way of having fruit salad is with cream. we call it fruit cream.
here the fruits are mixed with whipped cream which is sweetened with sugar or honey.
since i am try making vegan food at times, i have substituted regular cream with cashew cream in this recipe. and lo made a fruit salad with cashew cream.
now before you ask me what is cashew cream… i will explain what it is. cashew cream is smoothly blended and whipped cashew. well it not cashew paste.
here the cashews are kept soaking in the refrigerator and then blended with some chilled water to a smooth creamy texture. i have mentioned below in the recipe details on how to make the cashew cream.
you won’t miss the regular cream in this fruit salad. this was one of the best fruit salads i have had. the cashew cream mellowed the different tastes and flavors so beautifully in this nutritious and healthy dessert.
i used seasonal indian fruits like – pineapple, apple, musk melon, chickoo, papaya and banana. you can make the fruit salad with the fruits available in your country or region. you can also check this easy to prepare fruit salad recipe made with tropical fruits.
you can also make the same fruit salad with regular cream. so enjoy this sweet, delicious dessert of a fruit salad. you can also have it during navratri fasts or during other religious fasting days.
fruit salad with cashew cream recipe below:
fruit salad recipe with cashew cream
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1 cup peeled, cored and chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 1 cup chopped musk melon
- 1 cup chopped chickoo (sapota)
- 1 cup chopped papaya
for the cashew cream
- ¾ cup cashews (kaju)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sugar as required
- chilled water
how to make recipe
preparing the cashew cream:
- in a bowl take the cashews.
- rinse them well.
- now add water to the bowl till it just about covers the cashews.
- cover with a lid and keep in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
- drain the water from the cashews.
- add the soaked cashews in a blender.
- pour cold water in the blender again just about covering the cashews completely.
- add some sugar and vanilla.
- blend till smooth and creamy.
- remove in a bowl and keep in the fridge.
- the cashew milk stays good for 3 days in the refrigerator.
- use when required.
preparing the salad
- mix all the fruits in a large bowl.
- now either you can add the whole cashew cream that we made or
- layer it in individual serving glasses or bowls as i have done.
- add a layer of fruits.
- then a layer of cashew cream.
- add 3-5 layers like this.
- and then top up with some sliced pistachois or dry fruits of your choice.
- enjoy a healthy and wholesome fruit dessert.
few tips for fruit salad recipe:
1. to make a thin cashew cream, just add more water and to make a thick one, add less water.
2. instead of sugar, you can add honey too in the cashew cream.
3. use fruits that are available in season.
4. instead of cashew cream, you can also make this fruit salad with diary cream. add sugar and vanilla extract to the cream and then whip it up. add this to the fruits.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe