Ensaladilla rusa recipe – an easy and simple spanish vegetarian salad. this is a quick recipe you can make when you have a hankering for veggies and want to make something quick, yet nutritious and healthy. The salad can be served with any bread of your choice.
Ensaladilla rusa, as it is called in Spain is a staple in Spain. Basically it is a Russian salad but very popular in Spain. It i s also known as Salad Olivier. I tried to make a vegetarian and eggless version of the salad with veggies and greens.
The result was a super tasty salad. I have used eggless mayonnaise in the salad, but if you prefer the mayonnaise with eggs, you can add so. You could make the salad with any vegetables and greens of your choice. You could also add mustard sauce if you like it.
Below is a pic without the stuffed olives added to the salad.
And now is the photo with olives added to the salad.
If you are looking for more Salad recipes then do check:
- 4 to 5 potatoes
- 2 to 3 carrots
- 100 grams green beans (i substituted peas with beans. if using peas, then use 3/4 cup shelled peas or frozen peas)
- 1 lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup eggless mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 stuffed green olives, sliced into rings
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes, carrots and green beans.
- Once they cool, peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into cubes.
- Chop the beans into small pieces.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves well in running water to remove the mud particles.
- Also rinse the basil leaves, celery and parsley.
- Tear the lettuce leaves with your hands.
- Chop the basil, celery and parsley.
- Put all the veggies and greens in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, take mayonnaise, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk this mixture well so that the olive oil blends with the mayonnaise
- Add this dressing to the veggies and greens.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Garnish with stuffed olive rings.
- Serve ensaladilla rusa immediately or serve cold.