Banana chocolate mousse recipe with step by step photos – a smooth and creamy eggless banana chocolate mousse.
Again like some of the quick recipes on the blog, this one too is quick. So when you have unexpected guests or have a chocolate craving and you have ripe bananas at home, prepare this mousse. Trust me you won’t regret, if you and your guests love bananas 🙂
Of course, you do have to Give a few hours for the mousse to set. till then all you need to have is patience. The dessert would also equally go well with kids. Few more delicious mousse recipes on blog are:
For the cream, I have used amul cream and it worked like a charm. I don’t get whipping cream here. But if you do, then you can add whipping cream.
Adding sugar is optional. If you like the bitter taste of chocolate, then no need to add sugar. However, for a sweet taste, I do recommend adding sugar. The addition of sugar also depends on the sweetness of the bananas. You can use regular milk chocolate slab or dark chocolate. Dark chocolate tastes very good.
To make this mousse, you just need a blender. A hand held blender also works well. Melting the chocolate can be done in a double boiler or in the microwave. I have shown both methods in the pics below.
I have adapted my Mango mousse recipe to make this quick banana chocolate mousse. I have made this recipe a couple of times for dessert and it was liked by everyone.
How to make banana chocolate mousse
1. First heat water in a pan.
2. Then take chopped chocolate and a bit of cream in a dry small pan which can fit inside the pan in which water is being heated. The water should just touch ½ inch of the pan from below. Take care of the hot water does not spill in the chocolate. The powder stuff that you see is instant coffee (i used bru coffee). You can also add it directly to the bananas. I added half of the instant coffee now and half later.
3. Place the pan with the chocolate on top of the boiling water. The heat from the boiling water will begin to melt the chocolate.
4. Keep on stirring with a spoon or spatula, till all entire chocolate is melted.
5. You can also microwave the chocolate on high power for upto 45 seconds to a minute. If some bits of the chocolate is not melted, then just keep on stirring till the chocolate bits are melted. No need to microwave again as the food keeps on cooking even after we remove it from the microwave. The chocolate would be cooking and you just keep on stirring it, till all is melted. A pic of chocolate microwaved below. Notice the difference in the consistencies. This one looks like its cooked more 🙂 allow the melted chocolate to become warm or cool completely.
6. In a blender or mixer, take the bananas, sugar, instant coffee and cinnamon powder. You can also add vanilla essence if you want.
7. Blend everything to a smooth puree.
8. Add in the cream.
9. Using the pulse option, pulse twice or thrice for some seconds till everything is blended well. Don’t overdo. Also use chilled cream.
10. Add the melted chocolate.
11. Again pulse twice or thrice for some seconds. The mousse mixture is ready to be poured.
12. Pour the mixture in serving bowls or shot glasses.
13. Cover each bowl with aluminum foil. Or place the bowls on a plate. Then cover them with a large plate or tray on the bowls.
14. Refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse is set. Serve the chilled eggless banana chocolate mousse as a dessert. You can decorate the mousse with chocolate sprinkles or rice sprinkles or whipped cream or even mint
If you are looking for similar recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
banana chocolate mousse
- 3 medium bananas or 400 grams bananas
- 150 grams chocolate or about 1 cup chopped or broken chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cream for mixing with the chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 2 pinches of cinnamon powder
- ¾ to 1 cup chilled cream - low fat 25 % to 35 % or whipping cream (i added amul cream)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or as required (optional)
- Chop the chocolate and add them to a small bowl or a pan.
- Add 1 tbsp cream to the chocolate.
- In a double boiler or with the pan kept above boiling water, melt the chocolate.
- The water should just touch 1/2 inch of the pan from below. Take care the water does not spill in the chocolate.
- Keep on stirring and and let all the chocolate melt.
- You can also microwave the chocolate on high power for upto 45 seconds to a minute. If some bits of the chocolate are not melted, then just keep on stirring till the chocolate bits are melted. No need to microwave again as the food keeps on cooking even after we remove it from the microwave. The chocolate would be cooking and you just keep on stirring it, till all is melted.
- Allow the melted chocolate to become warm or cool completely.
- Slice and puree the bananas in a blender with instant coffee & cinnamon powder till smooth.
- Now add the cream. Pulse for some seconds for 2 to 3 times till everything is mixed evenly. Don't over do.
- Then add melted chocolate.
- Pulse again for some seconds for 2 to 3 times till everything is mixed properly.
- Pour the banana mousse mixture in bowls or shot glasses.
- Cover with a cling film or aluminium foil.
- Refrigerate till the mousse is set.
- Serve chilled banana chocolate mousse.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later