Easy Khoya coconut ladoo recipe with step by step photos. These are quick and delicious ladoo made with just 5 ingredients khoya, fresh coconut, ghee, sugar and cardamom powder.
These coconut ladoo with khoya just melt in your mouth. since they are so good, they can be quite addictive. At home we love these ladoos and they just disappear as soon as I make them. Coconut-based sweets are liked by many people. Few more Coconut recipes on the blog are:
You can use this same ladoo recipe to make modaks. for modaks, just fill the modak mould with the ladoo mixture. You will get neatly shaped coconut modaks.
In this recipe, you can also add dry fruits, but it is optional. If you are adding nuts then use finely chopped nuts or you could also garnish the ladoos with sliced almonds or pistachios.
You can also make these ladoos as naivedyam or also make them easily during festivals. As I have mentioned before, the recipe uses khoya. Khoya or mawa has evaporated milk solids.
The recipe also makes for a quick dessert for the family. You could easily double or triple up the recipe. Just that more time and work will be required to grate the fresh coconut for more time.
How to make easy khoya coconut ladoo
1. Heat a thick bottomed pan and keep the flame to a low. Then add 1.5 cups fresh grated coconut.
2. Roast coconut on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep on stirring often while roasting coconut. No need to brown the coconut. We just need to get rid of some moisture from the coconut.
3. Then remove the roasted coconut in a bowl or plate and keep aside.
4. In the same pan add a tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter).
5. Then add 1 cup of crumbled or grated mawa or khoya.
6. Begin to stir.
7. Stir and saute the mawa on a low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
8. When the mawa begins to melt, add ¼ cup sugar.
9. Begin to mix the sugar with the mawa and continue to keep stirring the mixture.
10. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes on a low flame.
11. Add the lightly roasted coconut.
12. Mix and stir well.
13. Then add ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder.
14. mix again very well.
15. Saute for a minute more on a low flame. Then switch off the flame.
16. Transfer the ladoo mixture to another bowl or plate.
17. Let the mixture cool down a bit. While it is still slightly hot or warm, prepare ladoo from the mixture. If you are unable to handle the heat, then let the mixture cool down more and then prepare ladoos.
Allow them to come to room temperature and then serve. If offering to bhagwan ganesha, then after preparing them, you can offer it. Store the mawa coconut ladoo in an air-tight jar or container and then refrigerate. In the refrigerator, they will last for 3 to 4 days.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
5 ingredients khoya coconut ladoo
- 1 cup khoya, crumbled or grated (mawa or dried evaporated milk solids)
- 1.5 cups fresh grated coconut
- ¼ cup sugar or as required
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (clarified butter)
- Heat a thick bottomed pan first and keep the flame to a low.
- Then add 1.5 cup of fresh grated coconut in the pan.
- On a low flame roast coconut for 2 to 3 mins. No need to brown the coconut, just a light roasting to get rid of some moisture.
- Remove the coconut and place aside.
making khoya coconut ladoo
- In the same pan add a tablespoon of ghee.
- Then add 1 cup of crumbled or grated mawa (khoya) and stir well.
- Saute the mawa on low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- When the mawa begins to melt, then add 1/4 cup sugar and mix well.
- Keep stirring the mixture and continue to saute for 1 to 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add the lightly roasted coconut. Mix and stir well.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder and mix well.
- Saute for a minute more on low heat. Then switch off the flame.
- Transfer the ladoo mixture to another bowl or plate.
- Let the ladoo mixture cool down a bit and while the mixture is still hot or warm, start shaping the mixture into ladoos.
- If you are unable to handle the heat, then wait till the mixture cools down more.
- Allow them to come to room temperature and store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- You can serve these ladoos at room temperature.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later