Goan style chilli baby corn fry recipe with step by step photos. This is a quick and tasty vegan recipe made with baby corn, capsicum, onion, green chilies and spices.
The recipe is slightly spicy. The sweetness of the baby corn accompanies the heat of the green chilies, the sweetness of the onions & capsicum and the aroma of the spices very well in this recipe.
I prepare this recipe, the way I make Goan Mushroom fry. I have also used capsicum (green bell pepper) in this recipe. You can even use red or yellow bell pepper. Another baby corn dish in this genre is this quick Baby corn fry.
The dish goes very well as a side veggie-based dish with any Indian main course or you can also serve it as a sabzi with some chapatis. It can also be packed in the tiffin box.
Few more tasty recipes for you!
How to make Goan style chilli baby corn fry
1. Rinse and chop 10 to 12 baby corn. You can slice them diagonally or into rounds. You should get 1.5 to 1.75 cups sliced baby corn. Also rinse, deseed and slice 1 medium capsicum thinly. Slice 1 medium onion too.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a shallow frying pan. Add the sliced onions.
3. Begin to stir and saute the onions on a low to medium flame.
4. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
5. Then add 2 green chilies, which have been sliced or slit.
6. Next add sliced capsicum.
7. Add the sliced baby corn.
8. Mix very well.
9. Add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, ¼ to ½ tsp crushed black pepper and ¼ tsp garam masala powder. You can reduce the spices and green chilies as per your requirements.
10. Mix the spice powders evenly with the rest of the veggies.
11. Sprinkle salt as per taste.
12. Mix very well.
13. Saute the baby corn slices on a low flame.
14. Do not cover with a lid and stir after every 3 to 4 minutes. So that the baby corn cooks evenly. Spread them evenly in the pan while cooking.
15. By the time the baby corn is cooked well, the onions will also turn a light golden or golden. The baby corn slices will also become golden from the edges.
16. Then switch off the flame. Add 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and mix.
17. Serve Goan style baby corn chilli fry with rotis or as a side dish with dal-rice.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Goan Style Chilli Baby Corn Fry
- 200 grams baby corn or 10 to 12 baby corn or 1.5 to 1.75 cups sliced baby corn
- 1 medium capsicum, thinly sliced or ½ cup thinly sliced capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced or ⅓ cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 green chilies, slit or sliced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (ground turmeric)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (ground cumin)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tablespoon oil, can use sunflower oil or peanut oil
- salt as required
- Rinse and slice 10 to 12 baby corn. You can slice them in rounds or diagonally. You should get 1.5 to 1.75 cups sliced baby corn.
- Also rinse, deseed and slice 1 medium capsicum thinly. Slice 1 medium onion too.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a shallow frying pan. Add the sliced onions.
- Begin to stir and saute the onions on a low to medium flame. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add the green chilies, capsicum, baby corn, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, crushed black pepper & garam masala powder.
- Mix everything very well
- Sprinkle salt as per taste and mix again very well. Saute the baby corn slices on a low flame.
- Do not cover with a lid and stir after every 3 to 4 minutes. So that the baby corn cooks evenly. Spread them evenly in the pan.
- By the time the baby corn is cooked, the onions will also turn a light golden or golden. The baby corn slices will also become golden from the edges.
- Then switch off the flame. Add 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Serve with rotis or as a side dish with dal-rice.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later