This Chaat style aloo toast sandwich Is not only an easy and yummy sandwich recipe but also a Special recipe. for the first time I am posting a recipe which is contributed by a reader.
I thank swetha tipparaju who is a regular reader of this blog. She has shared this easy & tasty recipe with all of us.
This Toast sandwich recipe is different from the Masala toast sandwich i make, as there is no green chutney applied to the breads. Plus the aloo/potatoes are just mashed and not tempered with any spices.
We all at home liked the Chaat style toast sandwich, when I made it. It sort of just melted in the mouth. Great to have as a quick breakfast, snack or brunch with masala chai… Thanks to swetha…..
Whenever I have toast sandwiches with mashed aloo or veggies, I am transported back to my good old Mumbai college days, where I would have toast sandwiches many times in a week.
The sandwich wala near my college would make nice Bombay veg sandwich and the dosa wala would make yummy dosas. So sandwiches or dosa were everyday lunch.
The aloo toast sandwich recipe Is very easy to make. If you have leftover mashed aloo/potatoes, then it is easy, as no boiling and mashing the aloo is needed… You can make these sandwiches with either brown bread or white bread or whole wheat bread. We always use brown bread or whole wheat bread, as obviously, they are a healthier option than white bread.
Few more Bread recipes for snacks
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
chaat style aloo toast sandwich
- 14 slices brown bread or white bread
- 5 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala or add as required
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or add as required
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup grated cheese or 7 cheese slices or cheese spread, as required
- butter as required, optional
- any veggie slices like cucumber or tomato or onion slices, optional
- salt or black salt to taste, as required
- Mix chopped coriander leaves, chaat masala, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt with the mashed potatoes. Add more of the spice powders if you want some more spice and tanginess.
- On slices of bread, apply butter.
- Now apply cheese spread or top up with some grated cheese or place a cheese slice.
- Add the mashed potato mixture on top of the cheese.
- Top up the mashed potato with a little grated cheese
- Cover with another buttered bread slice.
- If not using grated cheese, apply cheese spread on both the bread slices.
- Any veggie of your choice can also be added to the sandwich.
- Toast or grill the sandwich till browned and crisp.
- Spread some butter on the hot toast sandwich and serve aloo toast sandwich hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
How to make chaat style aloo toast sandwich
1. Add coriander leaves, chaat masala, chili powder, cumin powder and salt to the mashed aloo/potatoes. Mix these spice powders and coriander leaves with the mashed aloo.
2. Apply some butter on the bread slices. Not necessary, but you can always have some butter on the bread 🙂 ….. Next comes the cheese – either top up the bread with grated cheese or apply cheese spread or soft cheese. Be generous :-)…. I applied cheese spread on both the bread slices. Now top up one slice of bread with the mashed aloo mixture.
3. You can also add some veggie slices on top of the mashed aloo, like tomato or onion or beetroot or capsicum slices or a combo of the veggies. A suggestion would also be to use sprouted mung beans as a topping.
4. If using grated cheese, then add a little cheese on the mashed aloo/potatoes. Cover with the buttered bread and toast or grill the sandwich. once the sandwich is browned from both the sides, remove from the sandwich maker. Apply some butter on the hot sandwiches.
Have these tasty chaat style toast sandwiches With tomato sauce or pudina chutney. Serve the Aloo toast sandwiches hot.