bread pakoda recipe with step by step photos – a very popular and quick breakfast snack. bread pakora, aloo paratha, besan cheela, aloo poori, paneer paratha and onion paratha are usually made for sunday breakfast at our place. come sundays and bread pakoda has to be there for breakfast. though now we make bread pakora once in a while and not on every sunday.
in this bread pakoda recipe, there is no stuffing involved. just dipping the bread in the besan (gram flour) batter and frying them. easy and quick. there is another bread pakora recipe in which spiced mashed potatoes are added as a stuffing. here you can check this recipe of bread pakora with potato stuffing. few more similar bread recipes for snacks are:
- cheese bread pakora
- bread cheese rolls
- bread rolls recipe (with stuffed potatoes)
- paneer bread rolls.
this recipe also can be called plain bread pakora. the choice of bread to be used depends upon you. pakoras made with white bread tastes good, but for a wholesome option you could use brown bread, wheat bread, multi grain bread, wheat germ bread or wheat sandwich bread etc.
you could serve the bread pakoda with any chutney like sweet tamarind dates chutney or mint coriander chutney or even coconut chutney. usually at home we have the pakoras with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
bread pakoda recipe video:
quick 1:22 minutes video recipe
bread pakoda recipe below:
plain bread pakoda recipe - bread coated with spiced gram flour batter and deep fried.
- 5 to 6 bread slices can use white, brown, whole wheat or multi grain bread
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon oil
- 2 pinches baking soda
- ⅔ to ¾ cup water or add as required
- salt as required
- oil for deep frying
- in a mixing bowl, take all the dry ingredients - 1 cup besan, 1/2 tsp ajwain, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder and two pinches of baking soda.
add the wet ingredients - 1/2 tsp oil and water to make a medium thick batter.
add water in parts and about ⅔ to ¾ cup water or as required.
- whisk to a smooth batter without any lumps.
- slice the bread slices in rectangles or triangles.
- dip each slice in the batter and evenly coat it with the batter.
- place the batter coated bread slice in medium hot oil for frying. also add a few more batter coated slices.
fry the bread pakodas on medium hot oil turning over a couple of times to ensure even cooking and browning.
fry the bread pakoda till crisp and golden.
- remove with a slotten or perforated spoon and drain as much oil as possible.
place the fried bread pakoda on kitchen paper towels to drain excess oil.
sprinkle a bit of chaat masala on the bread pakodas.
serve these bread pakoda hot with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or sweet tamarind chutney.
how to make bread pakoda recipe:
1. in a mixing bowl, take all the dry ingredients – 1 cup besan, ½ tsp ajwain, ½ tsp red chili powder, ¼ tsp garam masala powder and two pinches of baking soda. add salt as required.
2. add the wet ingredients – ½ tsp oil and water to make a medium thick batter. add water in parts and about ⅔ to ¾ cup water or as required.
3. whisk to a smooth batter without any lumps.
4. slice the bread slices in rectangles or triangles.
5. dip each slice in the batter and evenly coat it with the batter.
6. place the batter coated bread slice in medium hot oil for frying. also add a few more batter coated slices.
7. fry the pakoras on medium hot oil turning over a couple of times to ensure even cooking and browning.
8. fry the bread pakoras till crisp and golden.
9. remove with a slotten or perforated spoon and drain as much oil as possible.
10. place the fried bread pakodas on kitchen paper towels to drain excess oil.
This post was last modified on April 20, 2018, 5:02 pm