Arbi tikki recipe – a simple Navratri recipe is this arbi patties. All you need to make these arbi tikki are some boiled colocasia roots and some fasting essential ingredients like water chestnut flour (singhare ka atta) and rock salt.
When not fasting, then you can still make these lightly spiced patties, substituting corn starch or rice flour for binding the tikkis. we had the tikkis with mint-coriander chutney and sweet tamarind dates chutney along with raita made from cashew yogurt.
Arbi is one veggie which I must have in my diet once in 2 or 3 weeks. I have already posted few more Arbi recipes on the blog like Sukhi arbi, Arbi curry, Dahi wali arbi and Arbi cutlet. i like its soft and melting taste in mouth. Its very light on stomach and very good option when you are going for fasting.
If you are looking for more Fasting recipes then do check:
- 250 grams arbi (colocasia roots)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- 1 inch green chili + ½ ginger made into a paste
- 1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- rock salt (sendha namak) as required
- 2 to 3 teaspoons oil or as required for frying the tikkis
- Boil the arbi till become soft in a pressure cooker or in a pan.
- Peel all of them.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the arbi.
- Mash well and mix everything uniformly.
- The mixture is sticky.
- So while shaping the tikkis, you can apply some oil on your palms.
- Shape into round tikkis and pan fry them with some oil till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve arbi tikki hot with green chutney or sweet chutney and a side raita.