Arbi cutlet recipe – arbi or colocasia is one root vegetable that I make often and we don’t even get bored or tired of it. you can make it crispy fried Arbi recipe or add it to yogurt & make a mild Vrat ki dahi arbi or even make a spicy dahi wali arbi curry. i even have a no onion no garlic arbi masala for the Vrat/fast.
This is now an easy and healthy version of Arbi cutlet. i have pan fried the Arbi with less oil and then added all my favorite spice powders to it. drizzled some lemon juice and we had a crispy, tangy and mildly spiced arbi.
The arbi cutlet Can also be served as a starter and can be snacked at any time. i served the arbi with coriander chutney.
Since this is a Navratri fasting/vrat recipe, I have used rock salt. But when not making for fast, then you can add black salt or regular salt.
If you are looking for more Navratri recipes then do check:
Please be sure to rate this recipe in the recipe card below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
- 10-12 colocasia roots (arbi)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder) - optional
- 1 or 2 teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- rock salt (edible and food grade) or black salt
- some fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
boiling and peeling arbi
- Wash and rinse the arbi well to get rid of the soil and mud.
- Boil the arbi in a pan or pressure cooker with some salt & water till they are completely cooked.
- Drain them.
- When warm or cool, peel the arbi.
frying arbi to make arbi cutlet
- Now take each piece and flatten it in between your palms.
- Heat a tava or frying pan.
- Drizzle some oil on the pan.
- Pan fry the arbi till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
making arbi cutlet
- In a small bowl, take all the dry spice powders and mix them.
- Now toss the pan fried crisp arbi in the dry spice powders mixture.
- Add some lemon juice from top.
- Garnish arbi cutlet with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve arbi cutlet hot or warm with Coriander chutney or sweet chutney
- When making the arbi cutlet for fast, add rock salt or sendha namak.
- You can also shallow fry or deep fry for a more crispier version.