arbi cutlet recipe – arbi or colocasia is one root vegetable that i make often and we don’t even get bored or tired of it. you can make it crispy fried or add it to yogurt & make a mild arbi yogurt curry or even make a spicy arbi curry. i even have a no onion no garlic arbi masala for the vrat/fast.
this is now an easy and healthy version of arbi cutlet. i have pan fried the arbi with less oil and then added all my favorite spice powders to it. drizzled some lemon juice and we had a crispy, tangy and mildly spiced arbi.
the arbi cutlet can also be served as a starter and can be snacked at any time. i served the arbi with coriander chutney.
since this is a navratri fasting/vrat recipe, i have used rock salt. but when not making for fast, then you can add black salt or regular salt.
if you are looking for more navratri fasting recipes then do check:
arbi cutlet recipe details below:
arbi cutlet recipe
arbi cutlet recipe - spiced crispy pan fried arbi or colocasia roots. vegan & gluten free recipe.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 10-12 colocasia roots (arbi)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder) - optional
- 1 or 2 teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- rock salt or black salt
- some fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
how to make recipe
boiling and peeling arbi:
- wash and rinse the arbi well to get rid of the soil and mud.
- boil the arbi in a pan or pressure cooker with some salt & water till they are completely cooked.
- drain them.
- when warm or cool, peel the arbi.
- now take each piece and flatten it in between your palms.
- heat a tava or frying pan.
- drizzle some oil on the pan.
- pan fry the arbi till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- when making the arbi cutlet for fast, add rock salt or sendha namak.
- you can also shallow fry or deep fry for a more crispier version.
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.