Vrat ki aloo chaat recipe with step by step photos. This is a little spicy, tangy and crispy potato chaat recipe. You can serve the chaat with tamarind-dates chutney or green chutney.
It is a simple and easy dish that can be made during Navratri fasting or any other fast or during regular days also. if not making for Navratri fasting, then use regular salt or black salt. I have also shared another easy and quick Aloo chaat recipe which can be made on regular days.
You can adjust the spice powders to suit your taste buds. It can also be had as a quick snack or starters. Even kids would love this snack.
At home we prepare many delicacies during Navratri and this chaat is one of them. I generally don’t fast except for the first day of Navratri, but my mil does and we make many fasting recipes during this time.
I plan to add some simple and easy to make vrat or fasting recipes for Navratri this season. So here I present an easy recipe of vrat ki aloo chaat.
If you are looking for more Navratri recipes then do check:
Please be sure to rate this recipe in the recipe card below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
vrat ki aloo chaat
- 2 medium sized potatoes (aloo)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder (optional)
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- rock salt or sendha namak (edible and food grade), as required
- water for boiling the potatoes
- a few coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnishing the potatoes
- oil for shallow frying or deep frying.
- Parboil the potatoes in a pressure cooker or pan in water to which some rock salt has been added.
- Once the potatoes become warm or cool, then peel the skin and dice them.
- Shallow or deep fry or pan fry the diced potatoes.
- Drain on kitchen paper napkins.
making vrat ki aloo chaat
- Take the fried potatoes in a bowl.
- Add all the spice powders and salt to the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes in these well.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on the potatoes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or mint leaves or both and serve vrat ki aloo chaat hot or warm.
How to make vrat ki aloo chaat
1. Parboil 2 potatoes in a pressure cooker or pan in water to which some rock salt has been added.
2. Allow the potatoes to cool down slightly, then peel the skin and dice them.
3. Shallow or deep fry or pan fry the diced potatoes on low heat, till golden brown.
4. Drain on kitchen paper napkins.
5. Take the fried potatoes in a bowl. add all the spice powders to the potatoes.
6. Sprinkle sendha namak/rock salt as required.
7. Pour ½ teaspoon of lemon juice on the potatoes.
8. Toss the potatoes in these well.
Garnish with coriander leaves or mint leaves or both and Serve vrat ki aloo chaat hot or warm.