Potato pomegranate salad recipe – from the time I had seen this aloo anardana salad recipe in jigg kalra’s cookbook “Prashad – cooking with Indian masters” i wanted to try it. finally gave a try and this has become a most loved and wanted potato salad at home.
This salad is basically made from two ingredients: Aloo – potatoes and Anardana – pomegranate… Spiced with tangy Indian spices.
The original recipe has some Chana dal (bengal gram) also added, but I skipped adding these lentils. This salad is tart in taste due to lemon juice. And also has a sweet taste due to the pomegranate arils.
So instead of salad, I feel this recipe can also be called as Aloo anardana chaat. it is tart, sweet and tangy except spicy. A few qualities found in a chaat. And the salad tasted so much like chaat 🙂
If you love potatoes and pomegranate, then do give this potato pomegranate salad or chaat a try. You can also serve it as a side dish with dal rice or veg pulao or veg biryani or roti-sabzi combo.
You just need basic veggies like onion & tomatoes along with some Indian spice powders like Chaat masala and cumin powder. this salad can be served warm or cold. They make excellent starters as well.
If you are looking for more Salad recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
aloo anardana salad
main ingredients for aloo anardana salad
- 2 medium sized potatoes (aloo) - boiled and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- a few mint leaves for garnish
for the dressing
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder - optional
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 or 2 tablespoon sunflower oil or peanut oil
- black salt or pink salt or regular salt as required
- In a bowl add the diced potatoes, onion, tomatoes, pomegranate arils, chopped mint leaves and mix gently.
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing.
- Check the the seasoning and add more of the spice powders if required.
- Mix all the spice powders with the lemon juice and oil.
- Pour the dressing in the bowl and mix gently.
- Serve the aloo anardana salad warm or chilled.
- Garnish with mint leaves while serving the salad.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later