whole wheat recipes or atta recipes. this post shares a collection of 29 recipes made with whole wheat flour (chapati atta). many of the recipes in this collection are generally made with all purpose flour (maida). but i have made them slightly healthy by using whole wheat flour. another plus point of a few recipes from this collection is that they are baked instead of fried.
this is the same whole wheat flour (atta) that we use for making rotis or pooris or parathas. i have not included any roti or paratha recipes in this collection. however if you want to check these recipes then here are the links for them.
whole wheat flour is also an ingredient which is easily available in most indian homes. in fact for most baking recipes like cakes, cookies, bread you can easily use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour (maida).
collection of 29 whole wheat recipes:
1. baked aloo samosa recipe – a healthy version of samosas which are baked and made with whole wheat flour. the texture of these baked samosas are not like the fried ones. they are crisp, flaky but you won’t get the texture that happens when samosas are fried.
2. whole wheat momos recipe – this veg momo recipe has no fat except some oil that is used for greasing the pan. so overall a no fat healthy veg momos recipe. the method of making these momos is similar to preparing the regular veg momos. you can serve these veg momos with momos chutney or with a spicy sauce like schezwan sauce or tomato-chili sauce or red chilli garlic chutney.
3. chocolate cake recipe – a simple, easy and delicious recipe of eggless whole wheat chocolate cake. yes the cake is made from whole wheat flour. so one can have the cake and eat it too. for chocolate lovers, i have already compiled this collection of 24 chocolate recipes.
5. atta cake recipe – an easy and delicious recipe of eggless cake made with whole wheat flour (atta), sweetened condensed milk and butter.
6. butter naan recipe – easy, healthy and soft whole wheat butter naans made on stove top or tawa. you can serve these homemade soft butter naans with dals or curry like dal tadka, dal makhani, dal bukhara, kadai paneer, paneer butter masala, paneer tikka masala, shahi paneer, malai kofta. i have also posted few more popular naan recipes like:
7. banana bread recipe – delicious, light and soft vegan banana bread recipe. this is by far the best banana bread that i have made and this recipe is for keeps. one of my baking success recipe. the bread was light, soft, moist and perfect for an eggless or vegan bread. few more eggless cakes recipes on blog which are popular with cake lovers are:
- chocolate cake in pressure cooker
- vanilla cake
- black forest cake
- christmas fruit cake
- pressure cooker cake recipe
8. baked doughnuts recipe – delicious and healthy version of donuts made with whole wheat flour and are baked. also not much sugar is used in the dough. there is a faint denseness in the texture due to the whole wheat flour, which i feel is fine for a whole wheat doughnut.
10. nankhatai recipe – these nankhatais are not as crumbly as the ones made with all purpose flour but they taste good. i have also added besan to give some crumbly texture. i have also posted nankhatai recipe made with all purpose flour.
11. pound cake recipe – this rich pound cake has a slightly dense but light texture with a buttery and milky taste. i have not flavored the cake with any spice. however, you can add a bit of spice like cardamom powder or nutmeg powder.
12. atta ladoo recipe – easy and quick to prepare delicious ladoos made with whole wheat flour. atta ladoo is not only good during winters but also in the monsoons. plus they are filling too. for more delicious ladoo recipes you can check this collection of 26 ladoo varieties.
13. atta ka halwa recipe – tasty melt in the mouth halwa made with whole wheat flour. you can add dry fruits of your choice like almonds, cashews or raisins in the halwa. for more delicious halwa recipes you can check this collection of 32 halwa varieties.
14. panjiri recipe – a traditional punjabi sweet made with whole wheat flour, sugar, ghee and dry fruits. serve this panjiri sweet anytime just as it is or with some warm milk. panjiri stays good for many weeks at room temperature.
15. banana cake recipe – a one bowl cake recipe of delicious banana cake which is eggless as well as vegan. a quick and easy recipe which gives light, soft and moist cake.
16. choco lava cake recipe – easy recipe of preparing delicious eggless choco lava cake. the recipe is very simple and makes use of whole wheat flour and cocoa powder.
17. 100% whole wheat bread recipe – a recipe to give you a really good bread with the ingredients you have at home. this is a soft bread with a light crumb. you can use any good quality atta to make this bread. i made bombay veg sandwiches, paneer bread rolls and cheese chili toast with the atta bread.
18. whole wheat pizza dough recipe – a simple and easy method to make a pizza dough from 100% whole wheat flour. this recipe gives a soft textured pizza base and one which is crisp from outside after getting baked. there is no denseness or chewiness felt in the pizza bread.
19. mawa cake recipe – a rich and delicious cake made with mawa (khoya) and whole wheat flour. mawa cake is not your everyday cake. the cake is rich, so i would suggest you to make it on special occasions or parties.
20. atta dosa recipe – an instant dosa recipe made with whole wheat flour, onion, herbs and spices. being fans of fermented dosa, there are some instant dosa recipes too that we like e.g instant dosa, rava dosa, ragi dosa, oats dosa, onion rava dosa. this instant atta dosa is also a favorite. its very easy to prepare. for more tasty dosa recipes you can check this collection of 36 dosa varieties.
21. instant sweet appam recipe – quick sweet appams made with whole wheat flour, bananas and jaggery. they are a healthy snack which can be had any time of the day. can also be packed in the tiffin box.
22. banana pancake recipe – quick and tasty pancakes made with bananas, whole wheat flour and jaggery. i make them similar to the punjabi puda or whole wheat pancakes. these are soft and light pancakes and tastes really good. if you have ripe bananas at home then you can make many recipes with them like banana sheera, banana mousse and banana muffins recipe. i have compiled all banana recipes made with unripe and ripe bananas in this post – 24 banana recipes.
23. whole wheat sandwich bread recipe – a soft sandwich bread made from whole wheat flour. since no milk product is used in the bread, the bread can be easily freezed or stored for more than a week in the refrigerator. you can make any sandwich with it like veg sandwich, club sandwich or paneer sandwich etc.
24. orange cake recipe – an easy, simple and no fuss recipe to make vegan and eggless orange cake. the cake has the orangish flavor with a light orange color. a soft and light cake.
25. pita bread recipe – this pita bread made from whole wheat flour, is soft, moist, light and has their trademark pockets. they are one of the easiest bread to make. pita bread stuffed with tahini, hummus, falafel and raw veggies is a snack liked by many people.
26. mangalore buns recipe – mildly sweet fried bread made with mashed banana, flour and sugar. a specialty of mangalore in karnataka.
27. gurudwara karah prasad recipe – one of the delicacies that is served in gurudwara as a prasad is this super delicious halwa known as kada prashad. its everybody’s favorite sweet. kada prashad is made with four ingredients – whole wheat flour, ghee, sugar and water.
28. eggless pancake recipe – it is possible to make the best pancakes which are fluffy, light and soft and yet made with whole wheat flour. if you don’t believe than you must try this recipe and i guarantee you its going to be one of your favorite breakfast. these fluffy pancakes can beat an egg based pancakes hands down.
29. dry fruits karanji recipe – mostly karanjis are made with all purpose flour. however, i have used whole wheat flour for this recipe. yet the karanjis were flaky from outside and had a delicious sweet stuffing of mawa and dry fruits.
This post was last modified on January 10, 2018, 6:33 pm