veg russian salad is an easy to make salad recipe and is quite popular. i had this russian salad many times in goan restaurants during my stay there. in goa, lot of tourist comes from russia and this salad is quite famous in the goan beach restaurants.
there in goa, they also add boiled eggs in the russian salad. whereas in this recipe, i have not added eggs and the salad is made from boiled vegetables and eggless mayonnaise. if you like then you can add boiled eggs to the salad.
mayonnaise can be got from the grocery shops. it is easily available in the hypermarkets or supermarkets in india.
you can serve this russian salad with your regular meals or have it plain any time of the day when you are feeling little hungry. it is a good habit to include salads in the diet. green veggies and fruits are important for the well being of the body.
veg russian salad recipe below:
- 1 medium to large carrot/gajar
- 1 small stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium to large potato/aloo
- ½ cup green peas/matar
- ¼ cup chopped french beans
- ¾ cup eggless mayonnaise
- salt as required
- black pepper as required, optional
- lettuce leaves as required
- some slices of tomato, cucumber, or capsicum
- boil the carrot, potato, peas and french beans. you could also microwave them till they are completely cooked.
- when the veggies are cooked, peel the potato and then chop the potato with the rest of the veggies. alternatively, you can chop the veggies first and boil them later.
- i usually avoid doing the latter as when we chop the veggies and then boil them, some water- soluble vitamins and minerals are lost in the process. it is better to first boil them whole and then chop them.
- chop the celery. mix the chopped veggies, celery with the mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- garnish the salad with lettuce leaves, tomato, cucumber, or capsicum slices.
- serve the russian salad with your regular meals or you can also have it plain any time of the day when you are feeling hungry.
Follow us on Social Media