collection of top 10 tandoori snacks recipes – tandoori recipes are so called as they are made in a special pot shaped clay oven called as tandoor. cooking in tandoor imparts a rustic and smoky aroma and flavor to the food. the smokiness is due to charcoal being used in the tandoor.
for some recipes where you want to impart charcoal flavor in the dish, there you can try the dhungar method. it really enhances the flavor of the dish. i have explained this dhungar method in few restaurant style recipes like palak paneer, dal makhani and dal tadka recipe.
in punjab and some parts of north india, a lot of recipes are made in tandoor. though tandoor is commercially used in restaurants and hotels, but at home not everyone has a tandoor. so the same recipes that are made in tandoor can be made in an oven or a pressure cooker being used as a tandoor. mostly i used oven to prepare these tandoori recipes. you can even use pressure cooker to make sponge cake or chocolate cake.
for tikka recipes, you can either use an oven or a tawa (griddle or stove top). when you prepare paneer tikka on stove top, either use a non stick or ceramic pan or use a well seasoned tawa or griddle.
seasoning means to prepare the tawa or griddle for frying/roasting, wherein you heat the griddle and then apply oil. let the oil get heated and then switch off the griddle. wipe the oil. again apply oil and let the griddle cool. store the tawa with the oil on it. you can repeat the first step twice or thrice. when you want to cook, heat the tawa and wipe off the oil. then proceed with the recipe.
in this collection of tandoori recipes, i have included recipes like tikka recipes and flat breads. usually in restaurants tikkas or kababs are served with a green chutney. this green chutney is made with mint leaves, coriander leaves, curd and spices. you can check this mint chutney recipe for tandoori snacks.
top 10 tandoori recipes which you can make at home:
2. tandoori roti recipe – a no oven and no tandoor method of making tandoori rotis on stove top. traditionally tandoori rotis are made in a tandoor. yet without a tandoor we can make a really good tandoori rotis on stove top. these tandoori rotis go very well with rich curry dishes like kadai mushroom, bhindi masala, dum aloo, rajma, dal makhani, punjabi chole masala, methi matar malai, veg kofta or with paneer curry recipes like paneer butter masala, kadai paneer, palak paneer, shahi paneer, paneer lababdar, paneer pasanda and matar paneer recipe.
3. achari paneer tikka recipe – yet another variation of the popular paneer tikka flavored with pickling spices. if you enjoy biting into pickle and relishing the sour taste of lemon or mango then you will like this recipe. few more similar paneer recipes on blog are instant paneer tikka, achari paneer, amritsari paneer tikka, paneer khurchan, tawa paneer masala, palak paneer kathi roll and paneer kathi roll.
4. aloo kulcha recipe – crisp as well as soft leavened breads stuffed with a spiced potato filling. kulcha is very popular in delhi and in the state of punjab. i have already shared the recipes of plain kulcha, paneer kulcha and matar kulcha recipe. you can serve kulcha with mango pickle and curd. however it will also equally go well with peshawari chole or kadai chole or dal makhani or dal bukhara or paneer chole masala.
5. mushroom tikka recipe – this is a very easy recipe. you just need to marinate the mushrooms and then grill or bake the mushrooms in the oven. this same marination can be used with veggies like potatoes, aubergines, cauliflower and broccoli. you can even use tofu or paneer. you can also check this mushroom tikka masala recipe. few more popular mushroom recipes on the blog are matar mushroom, kadai mushroom, mushroom biryani, chilli mushroom, mushroom masala and mushroom fried rice.
6. naan recipe with yeast – this is a really good naan recipe, fully puffed with light and soft texture from inside and slight crispness from out. this naan recipe uses a good amount of oil and some extra sugar and less amount of yeast. apart from this naan, there are 5 more naan recipes posted on the blog:
1. naan recipe without yeast on stove top (easy naan recipe)
2. whole wheat naan with yeast (crisp and light naan)
3. butter naan recipe with yeast (soft whole wheat butter naans on stove top)
4. garlic naan on stove top and tawa (aromatic and strongly flavored naan)
5. cheese garlic naan (no yeast naan made on tawa)
7. aloo tikka recipe – spiced & marinated potatoes which are either grilled or pan fried. the recipe posted here shares both the oven grilling as well pan frying methods for cooking the potatoes. this aloo tikka recipe uses curd for marination. i have also shared a vegan version of aloo tikka which makes use of cashew curd. for more delicious potato recipes you can check this collection of 65 potato recipes.
8. hara bhara kabab recipe – kabab made from spinach, peas and potatoes nutritious as well as delicious. its an easy finger food that can be served as a brunch or also as a starter. one which is light and not heavy. if you like kababs then i would suggest you to check veg kabab, rajma kebab and veg shammi kabab recipe.
9. gobi tikka recipe – this tandoori gobi is an excellent snack or starter recipe. its a fool proof recipe. this gobi tikka recipe is a spicy version, so if making for kids or folks who do not like spicy food, just cut down half of the red chili powder and garam masala. few more popular gobi recipes which you can make at home are gobi manchurian dry, gobi 65, gobi masala, aloo gobi, gobi biryani and gobi manchurian gravy recipe.
10. paneer tikka on tawa recipe – spiced marinated cottage cheese cubes pan fried on a tawa or griddle. these tawa paneer tikka can be served as a starter or a snack with sliced onions, lime and mint yogurt chutney. they even go well as a side dish. you can even have the paneer tikka with rotis, naan or bread or plain paratha or pudina paratha.
This post was last modified on September 14, 2017, 9:34 pm