if you have lived in mumbai then you will know about sitaphal cream.
basically it custard apple pulp mixed with chilled cream… you guessed it right. sitaphal is the hindi word for custard apples….
if you have had the sitaphal cream, then you know it is such a WOW dessert.
custard apples are in season here. so when we got them, i wanted to make the sitaphal cream. now i did not want to use regular cream.
so since my fruit salad with cashew cream was such a success, i had no second thoughts on which vegan cream to use.
so there i added cashew cream with some organic cane sugar and vanilla and had a beautiful bowl of custard apple cream.
now the dessert was a creamy, sweet dessert and you don’t miss the regular cream here.
this dessert has become a hot favorite at home now.
you can use regular regular cream instead of cashew cream.
the recipe has been adapted from about.com
recipe details for the sitaphal cream below:
- 4-5 medium sized custard apples
- ¾ to 1 cup chilled [cashew cream|http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/fruit-salad-with-cashew-cream/]
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- a pinch of saffron (optional)
- sugar as required
- remove the flesh from the seeds.
- this takes some time.
- collect the pulp in a bowl.
- mix the cream with the sugar & vanilla.
- now add the custard apple pulp.
- mix well.
- add to serving bowls and garnish with some saffron strands.
- chill or serve straightaway.