sesame coconut chutney recipe – this chutney is a variation of my mom’s sesame coconut chutney that she usually makes. the chutney pairs very well with idlis, dosa and with rice kanji (savoury rice porridge).
you can make many varieties of coconut chutney recipes like red coconut chutney, hotel style coconut chutney and have them with south indian snacks like idli, dosas and uttapams. a simple chutney adds so much flavor and taste to south indian snacks that you won’t feel like having them without a chutney along with it.
the color of the chutney is bright orange as i have added kashmiri red chilies to the chutney. the only variation in this recipe is the addition of roasted peanuts and dry red chilies.
this sesame coconut chutney does not have any tempering done. after grinding with some water, you can just serve it directly with idlis or dosas. so this is a quick and easy chutney, if you have all the ingredients at home. even bachelors or novice cook can make it easily at home.
sesame coconut chutney recipe details below:
- 1 cup grated coconut - fresh or dessicated
- 3 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds (bhuna hua til)
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts (bhuni hui moongphali)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind (imli)
- 3 dry red chilies (sookhi lal mirch), broken and deseeded
- 2-3 garlic (lahsun)
- salt as required
- water for grinding
- mix all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste with some water.
- serve sesame coconut chutney with idli, dosa or rice kanji or other south indian snacks like uttapam, medu vada etc.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes