pomegranate chutney or anardana ki chutney recipe – this is a spicy and tangy chutney recipe. this chutney is made with dry pomegranate seeds also called as anardana.
these pomegranate seeds have a faint sweetness and a tang to them. in india we use them basically as souring agents in curry recipes and even in stuffed parathas. you can even add them to your salads. they add a good dose of flavor and taste to any dish.
this pomegranate chutney is a quick and easy chutney recipes and can be made within 15 minutes. along with anardana, onions, green chilies, coriander and mint are also added in the chutney. i have also added some organic unrefined cane sugar in this chutney but addition of sugar is optional. however, adding sugar does give a punch to the chutney.
the pomegranate chutney would be a good accompaniment or a dip with with pakoras, fritters, samosa or tandoori snacks or grilled snacks like paneer tikka, amritsari paneer tikka, aloo tikka. they would also be great with grilled veggies or fruits. i served the pomegranate chutney with gobi pakoras.
you can also have this pomegranate chutney as a side dish with an indian meal. if stored in fridge then the pomegranate chutney stays well for 3-4 days.
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“.
pomegranate chutney recipe below:
- 3 to 4 tsp dry pomegranate seeds/anardana
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped (dhania patta)
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (pudina patta)
- ½ tsp cumin or cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 green chili, chopped
- a few drops of lemon juice
- ½ tsp organic unrefined cane sugar or as required
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 3 to 4 tbsp water for grinding the chutney
- black salt or rock salt as required
- wash the dry pomegranate seeds well in water.
- add all the ingredients in a blender with some water.
- grind them till smooth
- serve the pomegranate chutney as a dip with pakoras, fritters, samosa or tandoori snacks like paneer tikka, mushroom tikka.
- the pomegranate chutney stays well for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media