pomegranate chutney or anardana ki chutney – this is a spicy and tangy chutney recipe. this chutney is made with dry pomegranate seeds also called as anardana.
these pomegranate seeds have a faint sweetness and a tang to them. in india we use them basically as souring agents in curry recipes and even in stuffed parathas. you can even add them to your salads. they add a good dose of flavor and taste to any dish.
this pomegranate chutney is a quick and easy chutney recipes and can be made within 15 minutes. along with anardana, onions, green chilies, coriander and mint are also added in the chutney. i have also added some organic unrefined cane sugar in this chutney but addition of sugar is optional. however, adding sugar does give a punch to the chutney.
the pomegranate chutney would be a good accompaniment or a dip with with pakoras, fritters, samosa or tandoori snacks or grilled snacks. they would also be great with grilled veggies or fruits. i served the pomegranate chutney with gobi pakoras.
you can also have this pomegranate chutney as a side dish with an indian meal. if stored in fridge then the pomegranate chutney stays well for 3-4 days.
pomegranate chutney recipe details below:
- 3 to 4 tsp dry pomegranate seeds/anardana
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped (dhania patta)
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (pudina patta)
- ½ tsp cumin or cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 green chili, chopped
- a few drops of lemon juice
- ½ tsp organic unrefined cane sugar or as required
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 3 to 4 tbsp water for grinding the chutney
- black salt or rock salt as required
- wash the dry pomegranate seeds well in water.
- add all the ingredients in a blender with some water.
- grind them till smooth
- serve the pomegranate chutney as a dip with pakoras, fritters, samosa or tandoori snacks.
- the pomegranate chutney stays well for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Follow us on Social Media