collection of 12 pickles recipes. pickles are also called as achaar in hindi.
pickle is in intrinsic and very important part of indian cuisine. without pickle on side, an essential part will be missing from an indian thali.
during summers, its a practice in many indian homes to prepare pickle in enough quantities so that it last for at least a year. mango, lemon and chilli are the most common pickles and there are hundreds of varieties of pickles. pickles can be both sour and sweet.
most pickles goes very well as a condiment with simple indian meals like dal-rice, curd-rice, veg pulao and even with roti-sabzi. you will find pickles in most popular thalis like andhra thali, gujarati thali, rajasthani thali or maharashtrian thali etc. they also come quite handy while packing tiffin box for kids. in north india, its a common practice to pack parathas with a pickle. usual paratha varieties served with pickle are plain paratha, aloo paratha, onion paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha.
here i am sharing collection of pickle recipes which are already posted on the blog. so that its easier for you to find all pickle recipes in one place. i will keep on updating this post as i add more pickle recipes.
12 indian veg pickle recipes:
1. mango pickle recipe – punjabi aam ka achar made with mustard oil and spices. 4 main spices are used in this mango pickle are – fenugreek seeds(methi), fennel seeds (saunf), mustard seeds (sarson) and nigella seeds (kalonji).
2. lemon pickle recipe – an easy lemon pickle made merely with 3 ingredients which are lemon, turmeric and green chilies. best part of this lemon pickle is that it has no oil, sugar and no spices. yet the pickle tastes great.
3. gujarati mango pickle recipe – spiced, sour mango pickle made with split fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
4. hari mirch ka achaar recipe – an easy to prepare green chili pickle with ground mustard, lemon juice and oil.
5. gobi gajar shalgam achar recipe – sweet and sour punjabi winter special pickle made with cauliflower, carrots and turnips. what you get in this pickle are crunchy cauliflower, carrots and turnips in a spicy, sweet and tangy base.
6. aam ka achar recipe – an easy, simple no fuss mango pickle without any oil. this mango pickle is made with jaggery, nigella seeds and fenugreek seeds.
7. khatta meetha nimbu ka achaar – sweet sour (khatta meetha) pickle prepared with lemons, jaggery and spice powders.
8. karela pickle recipe – an easy and quick bitter gourd pickle cooked on stove top with vinegar and spices.
9. fresh turmeric pickle recipe – a quick and easy pickle with fresh turmeric roots. to make this turmeric pickle no cooking is involved and you just need to mix everything. this fresh turmeric pickle stays good for about 2 months in the refrigerator.
10. star gooseberry pickle recipe – easy to prepare pickle with star gooseberries. no sun drying required. the same pickling method and recipe can be made with amla or indian gooseberries as well.
11. sirke wale pyaaz or pickled onions – small red onions are marinated in vinegar, water and salt and kept for 2-3 days. so the onions soften with the taste of the vinegar in them and even loose their pungency. so the result are onions with a sour taste from the vinegar with their light sweet inherent taste.
12. instant mango pickle recipe – the pickle is prepared with raw unripe mangoes, mustard seeds, curry leaves and some spices. best part of this pickle recipe is that it can be made in less than 15 mins. at room temperature, this pickle will last for 2-3 days. after that place it in the fridge and it will last for a week more. you can also keep in the fridge from day one.Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes