peri peri potato wedges recipe – this ones great for folks who love potato wedges and french fries and its a spicy version. this recipe post has lots of pictures of the peri peri potato wedges. i hope you guys like the pics as well as enjoy making the potato wedges at home.
in the recipe of peri peri potatoes, the potato wedges are marinated in the peri peri sauce for some good minutes and then fried.
either you make the peri peri sauce at home like i have done or buy the ready sauce from outside. for those who are calorie conscious you can even bake the potato wedges in the oven.
peri peri potato wedges is an easy recipe to make. remember to serve the potato wedges hot after they are done. they will be gone soon as they are served.
peri peri potato wedges recipe card below:
- 3 large potatoes (aloo)
- 4-5 tablespoon peri peri sauce
- 1 cup oil for frying
- peel and wash the potatoes.
- slice them into wedges.
- marinate the potato wedges with the peri peri sauce for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- shallow or deep fry the marinated potato wedges till they become crisp and golden browned.
- serve hot peri peri potato wedges.
how to make peri peri potato wedges recipe:
1. keep all the ingredients ready for making the peri peri potato wedges.
2. peel and wash 3 large sized potatoes in water.
3. chop them into wedges.
4. in a bowl add add the potatoes along 4 to 5 tablespoons peri peri sauce.
5. rub the peri peri sauce very well on the potato wedges, so that the sauce coats them nicely.
6. marinate the potatoes in the sauce for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. heat 1 cup oil or add as required in a pan or wok. shallow or deep fry the marinated potato wedges in small batches.
8. fry the potato wedges in the hot oil till they are crisp and golden browned.
9. remove them with a slotted spoon..
10. drain on kitchen tissues or kitchen napkins.
11. similarly fry the rest of potato wedges till crisp and golden.
12. serve the peri peri potato wedges hot with either a mayonaisse dip or plain tomato ketchup or schezwan sauce. you could also sprinkle the wedges with some dry herbs or red chili flakes or black pepper powder. enjoy the hot hot peri peri potato wedges.