in this recipe the potato wedges are marinated in the peri peri sauce for some good minutes and then fried.
either you make the peri peri sauce at home like i have done or buy the ready sauce from outside. for those who are calorie conscious you can even bake the potato wedges in the oven.
peri peri potato wedges is an easy recipe to make. just remember to serve the potato wedges hot after they are done. they will be gone soon as they are served.
peri peri potato wedges recipe card below:
- 3 large potatoes
- 4 to 5 tablespoon peri peri sauce
- 1 cup oil for frying
peel and then rinse the potatoes.
slice them in wedges.
marinate the potato wedges with the peri peri sauce for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- shallow or deep fry the marinated potato wedges till they become crisp and golden browned.
- serve hot peri peri potato wedges.
how to make peri peri potato wedges recipe:
1. peel and then rinse 3 large potatoes in water.
2. chop them in wedges.
3. in a bowl add the potatoes and 4 to 5 tablespoons of peri peri sauce.
4. rub the peri peri sauce very well on the potato wedges, so that the sauce coats them nicely.
5. cover the bowl and marinate the potatoes in the sauce for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6. heat 1 cup oil or add as required in a pan or wok. shallow or deep fry the marinated potato wedges in small batches.
7. fry the potato wedges in the hot oil till they are crisp and golden browned.
8. remove the fried potato wedges with a slotted spoon.
9. drain on paper kitchen tissues or kitchen napkins to remove excess oil. similarly fry the rest of potato wedges till crisp and golden.
10. serve peri peri potato wedges hot with either a mayonnaise dip or tomato ketchup or schezwan sauce. you could also sprinkle some dry herbs or red chili flakes or black pepper powder on the potato wedges. enjoy the hot hot peri peri potato wedges.