paneer pakora recipe with step by step photos – these tasty paneer pakoras are crisp from outside and soft from inside.
paneer pakoda is a popular pakora variety. at my in law’s home, whenever we make pakoras, to be had for dinner with rotis, then many varieties of pakoras are made. usually paneer, aloo, gobi, onion and palak pakoras are must in that list.
generally when i make any pakora at home then i fry them once. but at my in law’s place, they use a different lengthy technique to make pakoras. they fry them twice. the first batch is half fried & then pressed lightly in your palms or pressed with a bowl. they are second time fried till crisp & golden. i usually don’t do this method because it is time consuming but you can give it a try as frying this way makes the pakora very crisp.
at home, we usually fry any pakora in mustard oil. frying in mustard oil gives a very good taste and flavor to the pakoras. plus mustard oil has an high smoking point which makes it good for deep frying.
these paneer pakoras can be had as a snack or with a cup of tea or if you are really fond of pakoras then make some more varieties of pakoras and have them with rotis or chapatis as we have.
if you want to make paneer at home then you can refer this post explaining the method to make paneer on stovetop. in case you are in a hurry, then there is a also quick method to make paneer in microwave.
paneer pakora or paneer pakoda recipe below:
paneer pakora recipe - gram flour coated cottage cheese fritters.
- 125 to 150 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 to 2 pinch red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 to 2 pinch garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- ⅔ to ¾ cup water or as required
- salt as required
- mustard oil for deep frying
- some chaat masala for sprinkling
- in a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients, except paneer and oil.
- make a smooth lump free thick flowing batter.
- chop the paneer into cubes.
- heat mustard oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan.
- dip each paneer cube in the batter and coat the cubes with the batter.
- gently drop the batter coated paneer cubes into medium hot oil.
- deep fry the paneer pakoras till crisp and golden.
- drain paneer pakoras on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- serve hot paneer pakoras sprinkled lightly with some chaat masala with coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
you can adjust the spice quantity as per your taste. i have made the pakoras mildly spiced.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNELAdvertisements
few simple steps to make paneer pakora recipe:
1. make a thick flowing batter with the besan, salt, water and spices.
2. dip the paneer cubes into the batter. coat them well.
3. add the batter coated paneer cubes in medium hot oil & fry the pakoras till golden and crisp.
4. drain paneer pakoras on paper towels to remove excess oil.