collection of 31 palak recipes. palak or spinach is one of the healthy greens that you can include in your meals. presented below are some palak or spinach recipes that i make often at home. do make a point to include palak regularly in your diet.
i hope this indian spinach recipe collection will be helpful to you. you can also check these veggie recipes collections:
- methi recipes (19 fenugreek leaves recipes)
- bhindi recipes (22 okra or lady finger recipes)
- baingan recipes (18 brinjal or eggplant recipes)
- 10 best indian veggie recipes
31 palak recipes or spinach recipes
1. palak paneer – soft paneer cubes cooked in a smooth spinach curry. this is one of the most popular indian paneer recipe.
2. palak paneer restaurant style – dhungar or charcoal smoking method which really perks the flavor in this one.
3. palak dal – easy and simple spinach dal step by step recipe. no onion no garlic recipe.
4. aloo palak curry – potatoes in a smooth spinach sauce. the dish pairs well with rotis, phulkas or naan.
5. palak mushroom – a healthy curry recipe made with spinach and mushrooms. its a delicious as well as an easy recipe to make. it is like having palak paneer and we have just replaced paneer with mushroom. if you like mushrooms then you can check this collection of 49 mushroom recipes.
6. palak saag – saag made with spinach and radish. this palak saag recipe is exactly the same way sarson da saag is made. step by step recipe with photos.
7. sarson ka saag– this very popular punjabi recipe is a winter staple in north india. sarson ka saag is made with 5 green leafy vegetables. they are mustard, bathua (also known as chenopodium in english), spinach, radish and fenugreek. saag is best served with makki di roti.
9. palak pulao – a very simple one pot recipe of spinach pulao. its a homely version but healthy. in this pulao you can add your choice of mixed veggies too. for more pulao recipes you can check this collection of 28 veg pulao recipes.
10. palak pakora – spinach and gram flour deep fried fritters. these palak pakoras can be baked too if you don’t want to fry them, with all the goodness of the spinach, sesame seeds and chickpea flour. they are best had with some mint-coriander chutney and a tomato ketchup.
11. spinach fritters – another variation of palak pakoras. these crisp spinach fritters are made with whole spinach leaf and spiced gram flour batter.
14. palak corn curry – a mild and lightly spiced curry made with spinach and sweet corn.
15. palak khichdi – a sumptuous and nutritious khichdi made with mung lentils, rice, spinach and peanuts.
16. spinach mushroom lasagna – creamy, cheesy vegetarian lasagna made with spinach and mushrooms.
17. corn spinach pulao – easy recipe of a mild and lightly spiced pulao made with spinach and corn.
20. palak raita – lightly flavored and easy to make spinach raita recipe. raita is a yogurt based dish which is often served as a side dish with meals, specially goes well with pulao or biryani or rice based dishes.
21. palak soup – easy and creamy spinach soup. video recipe. to give a subtle sweetness to this soup, i have added besan or gram flour.
23. hara bhara kabab – kabab made from spinach, peas and potatoes nutritious as well as delicious. an easy finger food that can be served as a brunch or also as a starter. one which is light and not heavy. other popular variations veg shammi kabab and veg kabab recipe.
26. palak paneer recipe – tasty palak paneer recipe made without onion and garlic. even without onion and garlic, this palak paneer tastes good. whole spices are added which give a nice aroma to the palak paneer.
27. aloo palak sabzi recipe – homely style dry potato spinach dish that goes very well as a side dish with rotis, chapatis or pooris.
28. palak pakora for fasting – vrat ke palak pakora – spinach fritters made during fasting with buckwheat flour and spianch
30. aloo palak paratha – easy and nutritious parathas made with mashed potatoes, spinach puree and whole wheat flour.