mushroom rice recipe – here’s an easy and quick recipe of mushroom rice made in european style. this mushroom rice recipe i had made for lunch and everyone liked it.
the most amazing thing is that, it is not an elaborate or complicated recipe. easy for bachelors, students and single people. if you have leftover rice than you could use it right away to make this recipe.
to make this mushroom rice, i have only used the following veggies – mushrooms, garlic, scallions in this recipe plus dried herbs and seeds like oregano, thyme and crushed sesame seeds. but you could use other dried herbs like rosemary, parsley, sage or whatever you are fond of. this recipe is a completely vegan recipe. so my vegan friends can enjoy making this one. if you like mushrooms then you can also check mushroom pulao, kadai mushroom, mushroom masala and chettinad mushroom biryani recipe.
this mushroom rice recipe is more european style than chinese or indian style. its not all spicy but yet flavorful and tasty. if you need some spice in the rice, you could add tobasco sauce or paprika or more of black pepper.
few tips for mushroom rice recipe:
1. its easy if you have leftover rice or else you will have to cook the rice.
2. if you do not have crushed sesame seeds, then you could also use whole sesame seeds. roast them and add to the rice.
3. you could use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs.
4. you can also use other varieties of mushrooms or different mixed mushrooms. this will give a nice texture and crunchiness to the recipe.
mushroom rice recipe details are below:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 400 grams white button mushrooms, cleaned and chopped or 4 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted crushed sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3-4 scallions, chopped - reserve the greens for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon garlic (lahsun), finely chopped - optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or white pepper
- salt as required
- in a pan heat up the olive oil.
- add the chopped garlic.
- after a minute add the scallions. there is no need to brown the garlic.
- when the scallions become transparent, add the mushrooms.
- saute the mushrooms till they leave water and are dried up and completely cooked.
- add the black or white pepper, crushed sesame seeds, thyme and oregano to the mushrooms. mix well.
- now add the cooked rice and salt.
- saute the rice with the mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
- garnish mushroom rice with the scallions greens.
- serve mushroom rice hot with a salad or you could just drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to the rice and enjoy the bowl of mushroom rice.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes