for all mushroom lovers, this is another fantastic spicy indo chinese recipe of mushroom manchurian. what i have posted is a dry version of manchurian mushroom.
this is excellent with bread, veg fried rice and even indian rotis accompanied with some schezwan sauce or even red chili sauce.
the pics of mushroom manchurian are not that good. still i am posting as this is a great recipe. i served the mushroom manchurian with some chapatis. they make a good starter or appetizer as well.
lets start step by step mushroom manchurian recipe:
1: take all the dry ingredients for making the batter in a bowl.
2: add water and make a smooth batter. not too thick nor too thin.
3: rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms.
4: dip the mushroom in the batter.
5: and deep or shallow fry the mushrooms in moderately hot oil.
6: once the mushrooms are golden browned, remove and keep them aside.
7: heat oil in another pan or remove the extra oil from the pan in which we fried the mushrooms. add spring onions and stir fry them for a minute.
8: add the chopped green chilies, celery, garlic, ginger and some of the spring onion greens. stir fry for a minute.
9: add bell pepper/capsicum. i only had yellow bell pepper instead of green bell pepper. making the best use of what i had this day
10: stir fry till the capsicum gets cooked a little but still retains its crunchiness.
11: finally add salt, sugar, soy sauce and black pepper.
12: stir fry and mix well.
13: add the fried mushrooms.
14: stir fry and mix well so that the sauce coats the mushrooms.
15: remove and serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with some spring onion greens and/or celery…. enjoy
You might also like to check these other Mushroom or Manchurian Recipes:
- Veg Manchurian
- Baby Corn Manchurian
- Kadai Mushroom Recipe
- Mushroom Pulao in Goan Style
- Mushroom Biryani E Dum Pukht
- Methi Mushroom – Restaurant Style
- Indo Chinese – Quick Chilli Mushroom
Mushroom Manchurian Recipe details below:
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ¾ cup water
- salt & sugar as required
- 200-250 gms button mushrooms
- 3-4 spring onions, finely chopped - reserve the greens for garnish
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery (optional)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper, sliced, diced or chopped
- salt as required
- rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms.
- mix everything for the batter.
- heat oil for frying.
- dip the mushroom in the batter & fry them till golden brown.
- keep these aside
- heat oil.
- add the spring onion whites and stir fry them for a minute on a medium flame.
- now add the chopped celery, green chili, ginger, garlic and some of the spring onion greens.
- stir fry these also for a minute on a medium flame.
- add the black pepper, salt, sugar and soya sauce.
- mix well.
- add the fried mushroom to this sauce.
- stir so that the sauce coats the mushroom well
- serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and celery.