mushroom manchurian recipe with step by step photos – for all mushroom lovers, this is another fantastic spicy indo chinese recipe of mushroom manchurian.
what i have posted is a dry version of manchurian mushroom. if you are looking for a gravy version then check this mushroom manchurian gravy recipe.
the pics of mushroom manchurian are not that good. still i am posting as this is a great recipe. i served the mushroom manchurian with some chapatis. they make a good starter or appetizer as well.
lets start step by step mushroom manchurian recipe:
1: take all the ingredients for making the batter in a bowl.
ingredients for batter are – 1 cup all purpose flour/maida, 3 tbsp cornflour, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper, 1 tsp soya sauce and salt & sugar as required
2: add ¾ cup water and make a smooth batter. not too thick nor too thin.
3: rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms (200-250 gms button mushrooms).
4: dip the mushroom in the batter.
5: heat oil for shallow frying or deep frying. once the oil is moderately hot, then deep or shallow fry the mushrooms.
6: once the mushrooms are golden browned, remove and keep them aside.
7: heat oil in another pan or remove the extra oil from the pan in which we fried the mushrooms. add spring onions and stir fry them for a minute.
8: add 2-3 chopped green chilies, 1 tsp finely chopped celery, 2 tsp garlic, 2 tsp ginger and some of the spring onion greens. stir fry for a minute.
9: add bell pepper/capsicum (1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper, sliced, diced or chopped).
i only had yellow bell pepper instead of green bell pepper. making the best use of what i had this day
10: stir fry till the capsicum gets cooked a little but still retains its crunchiness.
11: finally add salt, sugar, 1 tbsp soy sauce and ½ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper.
12: stir fry and mix well.
13: add the fried mushrooms.
14: stir fry and mix well so that the sauce coats the mushrooms.
15: remove and serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with some spring onion greens and/or celery…. enjoy
mushroom manchurian recipe below:
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ¾ cup water
- salt & sugar as required
- 200-250 gms button mushrooms
- 3-4 spring onions, finely chopped - reserve the greens for garnish
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic/lahsun
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger/adrak
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery (optional)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper, sliced, diced or chopped
- salt as required
- rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms. mix everything for the batter.
- heat oil for frying. dip the mushroom in the batter & fry them till golden brown. keep these aside.
- heat oil. add the spring onion whites and stir fry them for a minute on a medium flame.
- now add the chopped celery, green chili, ginger, garlic and some of the spring onion greens.
- stir fry these also for a minute on a medium flame.
- add the black pepper, salt, sugar and soya sauce.
- mix well. add the fried mushroom to this sauce.
- stir so that the sauce coats the mushroom well
- serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and celery.