collection of 20 methi recipes – methi or fenugreek leaves is one of the healthiest greens and abundantly available in india.
many people are fond of methi because of its many health benefits. its always recommended to include healthy greens like methi, kale, spinach or palak or amaranth in the diet.
i know also know many people who don’t like methi because of its bitter taste. however, the bitter taste in methi can be reduced by just mixing some salt with the methi leaves. keep this mixture covered for 15 to 20 minutes and then squeeze the leaves. this method does reduce the bitterness of the methi leaves. usually in india, we don’t get very bitter leaves. so i just add them directly.
sharing 19 indian recipes that are made with fenugreek leaves.
you can also check these veggie recipes collections:
1. top 10 veggie recipes
2. collection of 22 bhindi recipes
3. collection of 41 potato recipes
4. collection of 27 palak recipes
5. collection of 18 baingan recipes
20 indian veg methi recipes:
1. aloo methi – potatoes with fenugreek leaves made in punjabi style. simple home cooked food with minimal ingredients. vegan and gluten free.
2. methi matar malai – popular punjabi north indian curry made with fenugreek leaves, green peas (matar) and fresh cream (malai). gluten free recipe.
3. methi mushroom – restaurant style curried dish made with button mushrooms and fenugreek leaves. gluten free.
4. methi dal – dal simmered and spiced with fenugreek leaves. the slight bitterness of the fenugreek leaves gets balanced with the subtle sweetness of the dal. vegan recipe.
5. methi chole – spiced punjabi curry with fresh fenugreek leaves and chickpeas.
7. methi aloo – made with baby methi leaves and potatoes – less bitter, crunchy with full flavors from the baby fenugreek leaves. vegan.
8. aloo gobi methi tuk – dry spiced curry made with sauteed potatoes, cauliflower and fresh fenugreek leaves. a delicious recipe from the sindhi cuisine. vegan.
10. methi thepla – flat breads made from fresh fenugreek leaves, whole wheat flour and gram flour can be munched anytime of the day. makes for a healthy breakfast, tiffin or picnic brunches. another variation is this lauki thepla recipe.
11. methi paneer – easy paneer curry recipe with bitter hints of fresh fenugreek leaves in a tangy tomato based gravy.
13. methi muthia – steamed & fried dumplings made from chickpea flour and fenugreek leaves.
14. methi pakora – spiced fresh fenugreek leaves fritters with gram flour.
15. methi puri – crisp and spiced puris made with whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves and spices.
16. methi na gota (methi pakoras) – gujarati tea time snack made from besan (gram flour) and fenugreek leaves. vegan.
17. methi pulao – nutritious pulao made with fenugreek leaves and mix vegetables.
18. saag paneer – cottage cheese with spinach and fenugreek greens. gluten free.
19. chana dal methi paratha – indian flat bread made from leftover chana dal and freshly chopped fenugreek leaves.
20. methi bhaji recipe – simple, healthy and yet tasty recipe of methi bhaji or methi sabzi. i have added potatoes, but you can skip them. if packing for tiffin and staying in a hot climate, then don’t add coconut.
This post was last modified on July 21, 2017, 5:26 pm