collection of 30 tasty kheer recipes – kheer and halwas are must in celebrative occasions in indian homes. you can make them for special occasions like birthday’s or parties or when you want to have something sweet.
in north india, milk is used to make kheer. whereas in south india we call it payasam and often coconut milk is used.
although most kheer recipes takes some time to prepare but they are so easy that even beginners can make them easily.
here i am sharing a collection of kheer and payasam recipes which are posted on the blog. hope this collection will be of help to you. i will be updating this collection as i add more kheer recipes in the blog.
you can also check this sweets recipes collection:
- 12 barfi recipes
- 26 ladoo recipes
- 31 halwa recipes
- 24 chocolate recipes
- 10 best eggless cakes
- 121 diwali sweets recipes.
collection of 29 kheer recipes:
1. rice kheer – a favorite indian dessert made with basmati rice, milk, nuts and saffron. to make this kheer more flavorful you can add saffron strands and dry fruits of your choice. we always add almonds, cashews and golden raisins along with saffron and cardamom.
2. paal payasam – sweet and creamy simple south indian kheer made with rice and milk. this is the simplest payasam recipe. only four ingredients go in the payasam – rice, milk, sugar and ghee.
3. seviyan kheer – vermicelli kheer is one of the easiest and most common kheer made during any festive occasion. vegans can have a look at this vermicelli kheer recipe. another sweet dish you can make with seviyan is meethi seviyan.
4. ragi kheer recipe – sweet dessert made with ragi flour (finger millet flour), milk, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee.
5. sabudana kheer – sweet pudding made with tapioca pearls or sabudana and milk. we generally make sabudana kheer during the navratri festival or during some of the fasting or vrat days. another sweet dish you can make with sabudana is sabudana ladoo recipe.
6. sooji kheer – a quick and easy kheer made with sooji (rava or cream of wheat). the sooji kheer recipe gets done in about 20 minutes and is so simple that even a newbie can make it easily. for more delicious sooji recipes you can check this collection of 27 rava recipes.
7. paneer kheer – quick and easy cottage cheese kheer for the festive season. ready in less than 25 minutes.
8. phirni – a classic creamy sweet pudding made with powdered rice, milk, almonds, saffron and cardamom. sweetened with sugar. phirni is often made in north india on festive occasions or special celebrations like diwali as well as for karwa chauth festival.
9. sheer khurma – a rich sweet dessert made with vermicelli, milk, dates, dry fruits and ghee. sheer korma is a rich mughlai dessert and is made during festive occasion of eid ul-fitr.
11. chawal ki kheer recipe – creamy smooth pudding or kheer made with leftover cooked rice, milk and sugar. flavored with ground cinnamon and cardamom.
12. sweet corn kheer recipe – easy recipe of kheer made with fresh corn or makai. the kheer is made by first grinding corn kernels and then cooking them with milk.
14. makhana ki kheer – phool makhana kheer is a dessert that is often made during navratri fasting or vrat. we generally use makhana during fasting as it makes for a good vrat or fasting food. its light on the stomach and nutritious too. makhana is rich in calcium, protein, carbohydrates, phosphorous, iron, thiamine and zinc. makhana have a neutral taste. you can spice it up the way you want.
15. samvat rice kheer – a creamy kheer made with samvat rice or barnyard millet. it is often made during vrat or fasting days. samvat rice are also known as sama rice.
18. pineapple payasam – south indian payasam made with pineapple, coconut milk and jaggery. use pineapple which is sweet and not sour. i always use fresh pineapple for desserts that i make. you can also use canned, but the fresh taste and flavors go very well in a dessert.
19. punjabi besan ki kheer – dark chickpea flour dates kheer/kale chane ki atte ki kheer. an easy to prepare, delicious, wholesome sweet dish for festive occasions.
21. matar kheer recipe – unique but delicious kheer recipe made from fresh green peas (matar). a healthy sweet treat.
22. rice payasam recipe – payasam recipe made with coconut milk and jaggery. fusion between the kerala rice payasam and the konkani rice payasam. vegan recipe.
23. orange kheer – a rare kheer made from oranges and milk.
25. semiya payasam recipe – one of the easiest sweets that can be made for any festive occasion is semiya payasam. semiya are vermicelli and payasam akins to pudding. making seviyan payasam does not take much time and the entire dish can be brought together in a matter of about 20 to 25 minutes.
26. aval payasam recipe – delicious poha payasam made with flattened rice, ghee and milk. aval is the tamil name of poha. poha is flattened rice and easily available in india. in the recipe i have used thick poha, but you can also use thin poha. even red poha can be used. this poha payasam gets done in 20 to 25 minutes. so for festive occasions or on auspicious days, you can consider making payasam as one of the naivedyam, since they are easy to make.
27. sabudana payasam recipe – south indian version of sabudana kheer. this sweet creamy dessert is also called as javvarisi payasam in tamil language. in this recipe you don’t need to soak sabudana, but do note that cooking sabudana without soaking takes more time than if they were soaked and cooked later.
28. badam kheer recipe – a delicious creamy kheer made with blanched almond paste, milk and saffron. badam kheer recipe looks similar to badam milk, but the taste as well as the consistency is different. badam kheer is creamier and thicker as compared to badam milk which is a light refreshing beverage drink.
29. chana dal payasam recipe – this chana dal payasam also known as kadalai paruppu payasam is a delicious payasam variety made with coconut milk, chana dal, jaggery and cardamom powder.
30. nolen gurer payesh recipe – nolen gurer payesh is a delicious rice kheer made with date palm jaggery and rice. nolen gurer payesh recipe is a winter delicacy as fresh date palm jaggery arrives in the markets in winters in west bengal.