hara lahsun chutney recipe – since garlic chives are in season, i made this green garlic chutney to go with the hara bhara kababs.
garlic chives are also called as hara lahsun in hindi. the chives are so handy, you can even add them to your salads or breads and they even make for a quick garnish or a quick chutney.
if garlic chives are not available, then make this green chutney with just garlic. in the notes below i have mentioned how much garlic & coriander leaves you would need to use in this scenario.
green garlic chutney recipe below:
- 1 cup chopped chives with the garlic buds (hara lahsun)
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves or dhania patta)
- 1 or 2 green chilies, chopped (hari mirch)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- black salt or pink salt as required
- blend all the above ingredients till smooth in a blender or chutney grinder.
- add very little water while blending.
- serve the garlic chives chutney with any grilled or tandoori snack or fried snacks.
- the garlic chives chutney stays best for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
if chives are not available, then add some 6-7 garlic cloves and increase the quantity of coriander leaves to 3/4 cup or 1 cup.