garlic coconut chutney recipe – another coconut chutney recipe with flavors of garlic along with coconut, chana dal, coriander and curry leaves.
this garlic coconut chutney is not tempered. i just fry the curry leaves in some oil and then add these to the rest of the ingredients and grind. i served the chutney with masala dosa. i have also posted another variation of coconut garlic chutney in which the tempering or tadka is done.
for most of the time while making coconut chutney, i always add roasted chana/bengal gram as in my home they like the taste of the chana in the chutney. but if you want then you can just make the chutney with coconut only. the amount of garlic can be adjusted to your taste preferences.
garlic coconut chutney recipe details below:
garlic coconut chutney recipe - a coconut chutney which has the flavors of garlic.
- 8-9 garlic cloves (lahsun)
- ¾ cup grated coconut fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoon bengal gram (roasted chana dal)
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ½ teaspoon chopped or grated ginger (adrak)- optional
- 1 or 2 green chilis (hari mirch)
- 10-12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- salt as required
- heat oil in a small frying pan.
- add the curry leaves and fry them till they are crisp. keep aside.
- take the rest of the ingredients in a chutney grinder or blender.
- add the fried curry leaves along with the oil.
- pour very little water and grind all the chutney ingredients till smooth.
- serve the garlic coconut chutney with idli, dosa, rava dosa, medu vada, uttapam or upma.