easy mango raita recipe – i make mango raita often as it is quick and easy to make.
it does not take more than 10 minutes to whip up this lovely sweet dessert of mango raita.
all you need are some sweet mangoes and some chilled yogurt. adding sugar to the raita is your choice.
i prefer a little sweet raita, so i added sugar. however addition of sugar is optional and you can skip it if you want. if the mangoes are very sweet then you can skip or reduce the quantity of sugar. addition of cardamom and saffron enhance the flavors of this mango raita but are completely optional. the raita taste excellent with just plain mangoes and yogurt.
if possible use thick yogurt or homemade yogurt. i already have one more mango raita recipe which is on the blog. this one was posted a few years ago and i still make it. in this raita tempering is done and the tempering add a lot of punch and flavor to the raita. have a look at this mango raita recipe here.
vegans can easily make the mango raita with a vegan yogurt substitute like cashew yogurt or coconut milk yogurt. you can also add some dry fruits of your choice to the raita. if fresh mangoes are not available then you can also use tinned mangoes.
mango raita recipe details below:
- 2.5 to 3 cups chilled yogurt (curd or dahi)
- 2-3 medium sized mangoes, chopped - i used alphonso mangoes
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder or crushed cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon saffron (kesar)
- sugar as required
- some chopped mangoes as a garnish
- add sugar and beat the curd till smooth.
- add mangoes, cardamom powder and saffron.
- mix well.
- serve mango raita topped with some chopped mangoes and a sprinkle of saffron.
- you can chill the mango raita also before serving, but have it one the same day.
measuring cup used for ingredients is: 1 cup = 250 ml.
This post was last modified on April 3, 2018, 7:44 pm