chana masala toast sandwich recipe – at my home chana masala or chole is often made and on some days when there are leftovers, i make this chana masala toast sandwich recipe.
this toast sandwich recipe can be made with leftover rajma (kidney beans) or lobia masala too. just keep in mind that the gravy/curry has to be semi dry or dry. there is rajma sandwich and aloo masala grilled sandwich recipe also in the blog.
when i make this chana masala toast sandwich i always spice it with chaat masala and roasted cumin powder. chana masala is itself a heavily spiced dish, so i use less strong spices for the toppings. i also add veggies like onions, tomatoes and capsicum to these sandwiches.
you can also add cheese slices or grated cheese to the sandwich. sometimes i do this way for the hubby. i also make a vegan version of this sandwich by using olive oil instead of butter and also skip the cheese. so you can easily veganize these sandwiches too.
i made these sandwiches in a non electric sandwich toaster. you can use an electric sandwich maker or grill to make these sandwiches. the chana masala toast sandwich can be served with green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
using leftover curries or vegetable dishes in sandwiches or parathas is a good way to use leftover food. there are few other recipes on the blog which uses left over food like masala rice, idli chaat, kheer made from leftover rice and rice cutlet recipe.
if you are looking for more sandwich recipes then do check corn capsicum sandwich, bombay vegetable sandwich, paneer sandwich, aloo toast sandwich, chocolate sandwich, capsicum sandwich and corn sandwich recipe.
chana masala toast sandwich recipe below:
- 4 to 6 slices of brown bread or whole wheat bread or white bread
- ½ to ¾ cup leftover chana masala or chickpea curry
- 1 small to medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small to medium tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 small green bell pepper (capsicum or shimla mirch) - sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder or sandwich masala
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- black salt or rock salt as required
- butter or olive oil for spreading on the bread slices
- cheddar or mozarella cheese thinly sliced or grated as required (optional)
- tomato sauce
- green chutney optional
- sweet tamarind chutney optional
- trim the edges of the bread if you want.
- spread the butter or brush the olive oil lightly on all the bread slices.
- add 1 or 2 tablespoon of the chana masala.
- top with 2-3 slices each of onion, tomato and capsicum.
- sprinkle with a pinch or two of chaat masala, roasted cumin powder and salt.
- if you want you can top some grated cheese also on top.
- cover with another slice of bread.
- toast the sandwich in a sandwich maker or grill till golden and crisp.
- spread some olive oil or butter on top of the sandwiches if required.
- serve the chana masala toast sandwich hot with green chutney or sweet tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes