chana dal bhel puri is another variation of bhel apart from sukha bhel puri and wet bhel puri recipe. it is a popular street food equally popular in most parts of india. often served outside schools, colleges and in railway stations. if you have traveled in indian trains then you must have seen this bhel recipe.
chana dal bhel is a very simple and quick recipe and a good tea time snack. ideal for monsoons when you want to eat something spicy and tangy along with a cup of tea or coffee.
in this bhel, masala chana dal is used. masala or spiced chana dal can be made at home or brought from the stores. they are basically fried bengal gram which are heavily spiced.
the masala chana dal is mixed with finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chili and coriander for garnishing and topped with sev. as a variation you can also add raw mangoes or crushed papdi or cucumber.
this bhel is served almost all over india with some variation. in mumbai, fresh mangoes or crushed papdi are added to this chaat. whereas in delhi side, i don’t remember anyone using mango in the chaat.
be liberal in sprinkling lemon and chaat masala over it as per your taste buds. you have to eat this chana dal bhel immediately… because if it becomes moist then you won’t get the crisp taste. ideally, it should be crisp and spicy in taste and it goes well as a tea time snack.
chana dal bhel puri recipe details below:
- 1.5 cup masala chana dal/spiced and fried bengal gram
- 1 medium sized onion very finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato very finely chopped
- 1 green chili very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped raw mango (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/dhania patta
- ½ tsp or 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- crushed papdi (optional)
- sev for garnishing
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt as required - as there is already salt in the chana dal, add carefully
- a few papdis for serving (optional)
- add masala chana dal and finely chopped onion, tomatoes, green chili, raw mangoes, coriander leaves in a bowl.
- add salt, chaat masala and lemon juice. mix it well.
- stir in the crushed papdis.
- serve the chaat immediately in plates or bowls topped with sev and coriander and some papdis. if you don't eat this chana dal bhel immediately then it becomes moist and you won't get the crisp taste.
- enjoy the chana bhel chaat with tea or coffee.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media