chaat recipes – collection of 30 chaat recipes from blog. the word ‘chaat’ comes from the hindi word ‘chaat’ which means to taste or ‘chaatna’ which means to lick. this one word ‘chaat’ aptly describes these savory, sweet and tangy snacks as they are finger licking good and no one can eat just one.
chaat masala is an essential and indispensable ingredient that is added to all the chaat recipes. apart from chaat masala, another ingredient that is added is black salt.
chaat recipes are an integral part of indian cuisine and each state & city in india, has their own favorite chaat or their own way of making a chaat snack. e.g. pani puri made in mumbai is different than the golgappa served in delhi and the puchka served in kolkata. usually chaat snacks are served in stalls or carts. but they can be easily made at home.
being from mumbai, chaat has always been my favorite and i know also how the chaat recipes are made. thus my family gets to enjoy a variety of chaat recipes that i make at times. i have covered most of the chaat recipes from mumbai & delhi and will try to cover other cities too. as and when i prepare a chaat recipe, i will update this post too. you can also check these similar recipes collections:
collection of 30 chaat recipes:
1. pani puri recipe – a popular street food of india, where crisp fried dough balls are stuffed with potatoes, sprouts, spicy tangy water and sweet chutney. with so many burst of tastes and flavors in your mouth when you have pani puri, you just cannot have one 🙂
2. aloo tikki chole – crisp & browned spiced potato patties served with a spicy north indian chickpea curry along with a green chutney and sweet chutney with some tidbits.
3. dahi bhalla chaat recipe – a popular snack in north india, particularly in delhi and punjab. dahi bhalla are slightly different from dahi vada. in dahi bhalle, papdis, boiled potato cubes and cooked chickpeas are added which add different textures, taste and flavor to the dahi bhalla.
4. bhel puri recipe – a crispy, soft, sweet, tangy, spicy mixture of many edibles like puffed rice, roasted peanuts, sweet chutney, green chutney, onions, tomatoes, sev etc. a snack that can be made in a jiffy if you have all the ingredients ready.
5. dahi papdi chaat recipe – a popular chaat snack which is sweet, spicy and tangy. in this dahi papdi chaat, you will get to taste the sweetness of the curd, crispiness of papdi, soft melt in the mouth boiled potatoes and not to forget the indian spices which adds their own zing, tang and spiciness in the dish.
7. sev puri recipe – a spicy, sweet and tangy street snack from mumbai. its easy to assemble sev puris. just that some of the ingredients need to be prepped up before you start assembling them.
8. aloo chana chaat recipe – spicy, tangy, sweet chaat recipe made with boiled potatoes and white chickpeas (safed chole or chana). the chana chaat recipe can also be made into a salad. just add some grated carrots, blanched french beans, beetroots, zucchini to the chaat. skip the papdi and sev, if serving as a salad.
9. ragda patties recipe – a popular street food snack from mumbai. crisp potato patties served on a bed of white peas curry, herbs and spices.
10. dahi vada recipe – popular north indian street food snack where lentil dumplings are dunked in a creamy whipped yogurt topped with spicy and sweet chutneys.
11. moong sprouts chaat recipe – quick and easy chaat made with moong sprouts. combining moong sprouts with indian spices and herbs, chutneys makes for an excellent chaat snack. the recipe is simple and even without the addition of chutneys taste good.
13. sweet potato chaat recipe – one of the most easy to prepare chaat recipe with sweet potatoes or shakarkandi. this shakarkandi chaat can also be made during religious fasting days like navratri fasting.
14. dahi sev batata puri recipe – a yummy chatpata chaat snack from mumbai. this chaat has its name dahi sev batata puri, since dahi (yogurt), sev (fried thin gram flour vermicelli), batata (aloo in hindi or potato in english) and puris are used to make this awesome snack.
15. corn chaat recipe – this spicy corn chaat is an easy snack which you can prepare quickly or whenever you are short of time. even bachelors can make it as it does not require any cooking expertise.
17. idli chaat recipe – pan fried crisp idlis topped with chutneys, onions and sev. its a good way to use left over idlis. if you have made idlis at home and there are some idlis left, then you can try this recipe or try making masala idli or idli upma or mumbai style idli fry recipe. if you love idlis and chaat, then this recipe is for you.
18. kala chana chaat recipe – this black chickpeas chaat is spicy, tangy and can be made more spicy, if you add some more chilies to it. this also serves as an excellent starter and can be served both warm and chilled.
20. raw mango chaat recipe – tangy and spicy chaat made with raw mangoes, puffed rice and other ingredients. if you prefer a balance of sweetnees and tang, then add some sweet tamarind chutney in the chaat. or you can also add sweetened yogurt (curd).
21. fruit chaat recipe – delhi style fruit chaat recipe. spiced indian fruit salad.
22. murmura chaat recipe – this puffed rice chaat is a light and healthy snack with mildly spiced flavors.
23. papdi chaat recipe – in this chaat, besides the papdis, a melt in the mouth fusion of boiled chickpeas, potatoes and pakoris (fried black gram fritters) and curd is added.
24. masala corn recipe – masala corn is a favorite with kids and most of us. you can always add your choice of spices or add less or more and make a lot of variations in the recipe.
25. safed chana chaat recipe – this recipe of chana chaat is a quick one if you have leftover boiled chana (white chickpeas). you could serve the chaat warm or cold. it can be served a starter, snack or even can be had as a brunch.
26. chana dal bhel puri recipe – spicy and tangy indian street food made from masala chana dal or spiced bengal gram.
27. sookha bhel puri recipe – there are a lot of textures in this crisp and crunchy snack. along with fresh flavors and tastes. sukha bhel puri is crisp, crunchy, tangy and spicy – chatpata 🙂
28. hurda bhel recipe – a savory mixture made with tender jowar or sorghum also known as hurda in marathi language. nutritious, vegan and gluten free snack.
29. ram ladoo recipe – a popular street food snack from delhi. these are basically fried pakoras or vadas made from moong dal and chana dal batter. however they are called as ram ladoos.
30. sukha puri recipe – street food snack made with pani puri, boiled potatoes, spices and sev. sukha puri is one of those snacks which we often ask the street food vendor (we would called them as bhaiya ji in mumbai) as a complimentary snack after having any street food snack.Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes